The Specialist, Collections will be owner of the end to end collections contact and treatment strategies including strategy development, deployment, optimization, and performance monitoring while ensuring adherence to guidelines, regulatory requirements and alignment with industry best practices. He/she will identify best time to call, best contact channel, best treatment path as well as lead capacity planning and work prioritization activities. The successful candidate will assist the leadership team in implementing internal and external collection agencies KPI and performance metrics and ensure treatment and contact strategies are coherent and aligned between the different external vendors. The Specialist, Collections will conduct complex analyses and deep dives to find new treatment and contact opportunities, conduct proactive analyses to guide and support the VP and the leadership team in strategic decisions and orientations. He/she will also conduct adhoc analyses and support with projects and initiatives implementations. The Specialist, Collections will report to the VP of collections and be a valuable member of the collection’s leadership team.
The ability to recommend statistically sound champion/challenger test designs will be a core competency for this role. The successful candidate will be expected to challenge existing models and practices and develop new challenger/benchmark models using a variety of methods, including decision trees, time series regression, and other data science tools.
Primary Roles & Responsibilities:
- Own the design, development, implementation and continuous improvement of internal and outside agencies contact strategies
- Own the development of best treatment path for delinquent account to achieve best collection rates and lowest treatment cost
- Develop and maintain a suite of reports to follow personnel, portfolio and vendors performances
- Leads and executes deep dive diagnostic, predictive, and prescriptive analytics to support data-driven business decision making
- Engages with senior leadership and be able to bring structure to requests and translates requirements into an analytic approach
- Prepares and delivers insight presentations and action recommendations. Able to simplify and effectively communicates complex analytical findings to business leaders
- Programming skills to access, transform and prepare large scale data for statistical modeling. Experience utilizing statistical and machine learning methods required
- Leads the execution of large scale, complex analytics projects
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned
- Support and assist the Risk department in designing and implementing risk-based collections strategies
Your wellness is our priority
To protect your health and wellness, Fairstone will conduct recruitment digitally for this position. You will receive virtual onboarding and training and will initially work remotely with the Fairstone team. We look forward to introducing you to the team at Fairstone’s downtown Montreal headquarters once physical distancing measures are lifted.
- Minimum of five years related work experience in analytical roles, preferably in an analytical role within a financial institution. Knowledge of consumer lending industry, credit card and automobile financing will set the successful candidate apart.
- Undergraduate degree in Analytics, Applied Mathematics, Economics, Statistics or related analytical field of study or equivalent combination of training and experience. Graduate degree preferred.
- Experience working with very large databases, data mining and/or data warehousing.
- Experience in programming and experience in manipulating data using tools like SAS, SQL, R or Python
- Experience with Power BI or comparable data mart and visualization tools considered an asset
- Strong communication skills (oral and written) and the ability to interact with all levels of the organization
- Dialer, interactive communication tools and call center analytics experiences are great assets
What’s in it for you?
Looking for a rewarding career? You’ve come to the right place. At Fairstone, we offer all our permanent employees:
- Competitive salary with bonus potential
- Incentive programs to recognize when sales targets are met (applies to branch network employees only)
- A minimum of 3 weeks paid vacation (prorated to your start date)
- Flexible Health and Dental Benefits
- Employer Sponsored Pension Plan
- Personal days and sick days
- Tuition Assistance Programs
- Paid volunteer day and organized volunteering events across the country
- Ongoing Learning and Development Training
- Referral Incentives up to $5000.00
and Much More……
If you’re seeking a role with a growing business that values employee development, Fairstone is the right place for you!
Come join our team!
Fairstone is an equal opportunity employer. Accordingly, we will make reasonable accommodations to respond to the needs of people with disabilities. Individuals who view themselves as Aboriginals, members of visible minorities, and disabled are encouraged to apply in confidence.
Whether you’re seeking first-time employment or are making a career change, Fairstone has the internal support to help our team members grow and succeed.