Student (Fixed Term)
BlackBerry Advanced Technology Development Labs is a business unit operating at the forefront of research and development in the cybersecurity space. The rise of the Internet of Things (IoT) alongside a dynamic threat landscape fosters a climate where organizations have to guard against new threats and breaches at all times. With a strong focus on data science and machine leaning, BlackBerry Advanced Technology Development Labs investigates, incubates, and facilitates technologies specifically designed to further the company’s commitment to safety, security and data privacy for its customers. Through strong partnership with BlackBerry’s existing SPARK, and QNX business units, we identify, explore and build new concepts that help fill the innovation funnel for BlackBerry.
We are looking for a SW Test Developer Student. Successful candidate will work on the development and testing of the ATD Labs infrastructure and concept projects.
Location: Ottawa, Ontario
Length of Term: 4 months
The successful candidate’s responsibilities will include:
- Actively participate in all aspects of the Machine Learning infrastructure development process.
- Design, implement, test, profile and maintain BlackBerry security solutions.
- Consult with your mentor on Machine Learning infrastructure development architecture.
- Strong skills in innovative thinking, initiative and communication will be required and used regularly.
- Opportunities to participate in proof of concept projects, either hands-on or consulting with the developer primes.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently enrolled in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or Software Engineering program.
- Strong design and programming skills.
- Strong knowledge in Machine Learning, AWS and Terraform support
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Curious attitude and self-starter with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team as well as independently.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment with excellent time management skills.
- Knowledge of and/or interest in security, privacy and cryptography.
- Passion for excellence and a strong proponent of bridging knowledge share and collective effort between groups throughout an organization.
- Innovative thinker with a keen interest for developing new technologies and concepts.
- Experience with QNX OS, Android OS, iOS, JIRA, TestRail and Gerrit/Git.
- Experience with Amazon Alexa Skills Development
- Experience developing software for embedded devices.
Job Family Group Name:
Business Administration & Operations
Scheduled Weekly Hours: