It’s fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they’re doing!
We’re committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
As a leading clothing retailer of finer menswear based in Toronto and operating in major centres across Canada, an exciting and challenging opportunity exists as a Software Support Engineer.
This role is within the Tier-3 Support Team. The successful candidate will work in a fast-paced environment providing technical support to mission-critical business operations and systems. This multifaceted role will be responsible for the following:
- Provide 3rd tier software support to multiple business applications.
- Analyze complex business problems and develop optimal solutions.
- Develop and maintain mission-critical applications.
- Translate loosely defined requirements to solutions.
- Contribute to and manage troubleshooting and technical knowledge base.
- Work cross-functionally with other teams such as E-Commerce, Analytics, Development, Infrastructure and Helpdesk to design and develop solutions.
- Perform incremental and continuous testing on code, processes, and deployments with the aim of streamlining execution and minimizing errors encountered.
- Escalate technical issues internally and externally in a timely fashion as per SLA.
- Oversee and follow-up on open customer issues.
- Work alongside project management teams to successfully monitor progress and implementation of initiatives.
- Perform after-hours support as required.
The successful candidate will have the following background/experience:
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science, IT or related field.
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in software development.
- Strong skills and experience in newer service-oriented architecture design patterns, messaging platforms and automation tools are required to succeed in this role.
- Strong understanding of SOA and micro-services supported by hands on experience.
- Proficiency in at least one Object-Oriented Programming language such as Java or C#.
- Strong skills in SQL with solid understanding of RDBMS such as Oracle.
- Significant experience with Unix-based systems and shell scripting.
- Experience in developing and maintaining CI/CD pipelines.
- Knowledge of at least one cloud platform (IBM, AWS, Azure etc.).
- Technical experience working on an ERP system.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with a keen sense of customer service.
- Excellent team player and strong collaboration skills.
- Experience in the E-Commerce or Retail industry is an asset.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you’ll enjoy your career with us!