Businesses are built by the experiences they provide, and every day millions of those experiences are delivered by Avaya Holdings Corp. (NYSE: AVYA). Avaya is shaping what’s next for the future of work, with innovation and partnerships that deliver game-changing business benefits. Our cloud communications solutions and multi-cloud application ecosystem power personalized, intelligent, and effortless customer and employee experiences to help achieve strategic ambitions and desired outcomes. Together, we are committed to help grow your business by delivering Experiences that Matter. Learn more at www.avaya.com.
About the Role
Based in Markham, Ontario, our goal at Avaya Cloud Canada is to provide the best communication solutions with an awesome user experience, which help people to stay productive and to get work done. We believe that communicating with others should be easy and people should have the freedom to do so anytime, anywhere. Our solutions enable you to work with a variety of cloud products such as Avaya CPaaS, Avaya CCaaS, Avaya Spaces, Google Dialogflow and more …
Today we help millions of people across thousands of organizations to communicate and collaborate quickly and easily inside the business applications and mobile devices they use daily.
To be successful in this role you will be working closely with your team to build creative communication solutions as well own and maintain existing products.
About the Responsibilities
- Experience in debugging API using network monitoring tools such as Wireshark
- Maintain and develop micro services for communication
- Pro-actively learn from peers and other senior engineers
- Understand communication API and build new integration APIs
- Bug fixing and troubleshooting of existing cloud components
- Understand and investigate communication data and provide niche ideas of incorporating deep learning into communication API
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging company data to drive business solutions.
- Mine and analyze data from company databases to drive optimization and improvement of product development, marketing techniques and business strategies.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Coordinate with different functional teams to implement models and monitor outcomes.
About the Requirements
Based in Markham, Ontario, a Senior Software Engineer is required to join a team of more than 25 engineers and work with integration teams within a complex software development project. The project consists of the development of real time communications applications. Responsibilities include development of micro services in python and go language. Ownership of software components, API and services and development of niche AI infused communication API.
Key Skills Required
- Strong experience of coding in python or go
- Solid knowledge of Kubernetes
- Experience with docker container
- Solid knowledge and understanding of networking concepts between micro services
- Solid knowledge of HTPP, HTTPS and TLS
- Hand on experience with restful API
- Solid knowledge of XML data formats
- Solid knowledge of network security
- Experience in working in an environment adopted to CICD and agile scrum
- Knowledge of web development
- Full-time role with 20% flexibility to work from home
- Work from home during Pandemic
- Avaya Cloud offers a competitive compensation package as well as a superb working environment.
- Completion of 3 years in Engineering or Computer Science degree program
7 – 10 Years of Experience
Bachelor degree or equivalent experience
Advance Degree preferred