NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail and hospitality industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with 36,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
Title: Software Quality Engineer
Location: Waterloo, Canada
In this exciting role you will join the NCR Digital Banking development and innovation team. The focus of the role is to provide quality assurance to the next generation of mobile and internet banking systems. This role will be primarily software assurance using advanced tools. This is a great role for an opportunity in the technology field and someone who desires to work with cutting edge technologies.
As a Software Quality Engineer, you will be part of a team defining and developing proof of concept designs with banking customers to apply advanced technologies to drive the next generation of customer experiences in banking. The ability to work with a diverse development team, help create novel solutions and communicate new concepts is a critical requirement of the role.
This is a hands-on position demanding research and evaluation of new technologies. In this key role, you will be responsible for establishing and implementing quality assurance practices across new digital banking platforms. While using advance tools, you will be challenged to continually adapt innovative testing strategies and toolsets to support major industry technology implementations.
Key Job functions:
- Lead automation efforts for Functional Scrum Teams
- Mentor other QA Engineers & Contract Personnel on D3 Best Practices
- Lead QA Engineering Efforts spanning multiple teams
- Design test strategies to align with business risk and technology goals
- Design detailed and comprehensive test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and testing related project work
- Develop test scenarios using test tools and QA best practices
- Identify, document and track variances in design, requirements and functionality
- Use advance automation test tools for use in future implementations
- Use database tools to create use case scenario and analyze system behavior
- Liaise with internal teams such as product managers and client support teams to ensure a quality customer experience
- Monitor overall quality levels and support debugging processes
- Create and publish overall quality metrics for product and client releases
- Maintain quality artifacts such as test designs, cases and tools used by the organization
Required Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant software testing experience
- Expertise in managing test plans and cases using test management tools
- Experience is managing quality related efforts within an Agile based software development methodology.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Expertise in using the following tools: Jira, Jenkins, SoapUI, Postman, Tosca, UFT, Selenium
- Associates degree in computer science, project management or related field.
- Expertise in development and testing Mobile applications
Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.