Software Quality Assurance Automation Engineer / SDET
We are looking for new team members who are passionate about software testing and building automation, have a interest in cybersecurity and data protection, and want to join our collaborative team as a Software QA Automation Engineer to help create the high-quality of our Consumer products.
You will design and develop test automation solutions involving functional UI, API performance, and load testing. You will establish automation testing best practices, mentoring and training of staff, overseeing the definition, selection and extension of test automation architecture, frameworks, coding standards, and Automation Testing Strategies for our Consumer products and solutions.
From device to cloud, McAfee provides market-leading cybersecurity solutions for both business and consumers. We help businesses orchestrate cyber environments that are truly integrated, where protection, detection, and correction of security threats happen simultaneously. For consumers, McAfee secures your devices against viruses, malware, and other threats, both at home and away. We want to continue to shape the future of cybersecurity by working together to build best in class products and solutions.
About The Role:
- You will work closely with the development teams to create automated test strategies
- You will report to the Senior Manger of Quality Engineering and Automation
- You will review product requirements, specifications and technical design documents and provide accurate feedback to ensure that software is written in a testable and supportable fashion
- You will establish detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases which are streamlined for automation
- You will promote the existing automation frameworks forward to benefit automation across multiple products, and may be asked to create new frameworks depending on need
- You will write Test Automation code to validate our enterprise data protection product set from a functional, scale, performance and security perspective
- You will measure code coverage of the automation tests to identify areas of focus, and other metrics to identify areas of brittleness in the automation code, producing dashboards to provide data to the team
- You will use your experience in agile development/testing practices, and risk-based testing to ensure efficient release testing
- You will need to identify and document product defects that you find.
- You will write automated regression tests to ensure that defects to not reoccur
- We will help you stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
- We will ask you to help improve the software testing procedures to make them more efficient
- You have at least 3 years of experience in software testing and automation.
- You have Mobile testing experience with iOS and Android using automated tools such as Appium
- You have experience in Agile, Scrum Software Development Principals
- You have experience authoring, building and adopting large-scale, automation frameworks with well-balanced coverage across UI, functional, API and back-end cloud integration (including end-to-end automation)
- You have knowledge in one of these tools Selenium, Appium, SoapUI, Postman, Protractor, Jmeter, and VisualStudio Load Test).
- You have test automation experience with CI/CD process and instrumenting full SDLC automation with Jenkins or Team City specifically cloud testing execution (AWS) with reporting tools such as Jira
- Degree Level Computing Qualification or equivalent
- Cybersecurity software domain experience would also be a benefit but is not required
Company Benefits and Perks:
We work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone at McAfee to bring their authentic selves to work every day. We offer a variety of social programs, flexible work hours and family-friendly benefits to all of our employees.
- Pension and Retirement Plans
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Parental Leave
- Support for Community Involvement
We’re serious about our commitment to diversity which is why McAfee prohibits discrimination based on race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation or any other legally protected status.