NVIDIA is a worldwide technology company headquartered in Santa Clara, California. NVIDIA manufactures graphics processing units (GPUs), as well as system on a chip units (SOCs) for the mobile computing market. Our work in visual computing – the art and science of computer graphics – has led to thousands of patented inventions, breakthrough technologies, deep industry relationships and a globally recognized brand.
As a Software QA Engineer Intern you will interact closely with fellow testers/engineers and the development team to evaluate and improve the company’s products, execute test plans, report issues, run/create automation scripts, and other tools to provide analytical information and ensure the robustness of the applications and technologies being developed. We are looking for highly motivated PC gamers who want to contribute to the testing and development of fun! You will be working in a dynamic environment that provides multiple opportunities to be exposed to a plethora of technologies, Operating Systems, hardware and applications.
What you’ll be doing:
- Work closely with senior testers/engineers as part of a team to deliver high-quality Game software products
- Build, setup, and configure computer systems with appropriate hardware and software to run benchmarks on various systems
- Effectively execute test cases across multiple platforms including but not limited to: Windows, Linux, Android, Mac and VR devices
- Run performance tests of GPUs and other system components
- Analyze and validate results from test runs and create reports
- Identify, reproduce and provide informed insight on bugs
- Communicate status and issues across various teams
- Participate in product requirements review and component testing
- Design, develop and execute reusable test plans, ensure effective coverage of test cases to improve user perceived quality of the product
- Investigate and implement new testing methods to improve process efficiency
- Assess product quality and provide feedback to management to facilitate release decisions
What we need to see:
- Currently pursuing a College/Bachelor’s Degree in Game Design or Development, Computer Science, Software Engineering or related discipline.
- Passionate PC gamer with a deep understanding of in-game settings and graphics technologies
- Multi-platform experience ranging from Windows, Linux, Mac, Android, with an understanding of operating systems, processors, and GPUs
- Good knowledge of PC systems and components, ability to build and maintain test machines
- Strong skills in benchmarking and competitive analysis
- Great communication, teamwork, and interpersonal skills
- High attention to detail and a real passion for user experience
- Demonstrates analytical, problem-solving, time management, and organizational skills
- Ability to work independently, think creatively
- Understanding of software development and product life-cycle management in highly technical environments
Ways to stand out from the crowd:
- Basic scripting and automation in Python
- Prior QA/Testing experience in a professional environment
- Familiarity with bug tracking tools such as JIRA
- Knowledge of NVIDIA GeForce series, software products (GeForce Experience, GeForce Now, GameWorks) and technologies
NVIDIA is widely considered to be one of the technology world’s most desirable employers. We have some of the most forward-thinking and hardworking people in the world working for us. Are you creative and autonomous? Do you love the challenge of crafting the highest performance & lowest power silicon possible? If so, we want to hear from you.