Software QA Engineer (Automation)
Category: Testing/Quality Assurance
City: Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Position ID: J0121-1484
Employment Type: Full Time
Meet our professionals
CGI is more than just an IT consulting company; we are a global organization offering a world of opportunities. Become part of an outstanding culture that gives you the freedom to innovate, influence decisions, achieve your full potential, and chart your own career! Our benefits include a share purchase program, profit sharing, wellness credits, training and development programs and flexible work schedules.
CGI Vancouver has an opening for a QA Engineer (Test Automation) with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in Quality Assurance. The successful candidate will possess strong QA domain knowledge including methodologies, Test Design / Execution / Automation and Reporting. With support from the Service Delivery Manager (SDM), this role will assist in implementing QA standard methodologies, focusing on Test Automation and DevOps.
The successful candidate will possess strong QA domain knowledge including methodologies, Test Design / Execution / Automation and Reporting. With support from the Service Delivery Manager (SDM), this role will assist in implementing QA best practices, focusing on Test Automation and DevOps.
Your future duties and responsibilities:
• Work closely with the project team, client and various partners to drive and execute QA Deliverables;
• Responsible for design and execution of Test Cases (both Automated and Manual), Bug Tracking, Defects Triage, Test Reporting, Test Data preparation and Test Environments management;
• Participate in identification of project risks and timely communication to Management Team;
• Coordinate meetings and test sessions as needed with Internal Teams and the Client (review of Test Artifacts, prioritization of testing/bugs, Demo sessions etc.);
• Participate in all other related project work determined by the SDM
Required qualifications to be successful in this role:
• 3+ years of recent software QA experience
• At least 2+ years’ current experience developing automation frameworks, test scripting and performance testing, preferably JMeter and LoadRunner
• Proficient in Functional, Non-Functional Testing, Integrations, UAT support, developing and executing Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Summary Reports;
• Experience in working with Agile and Waterfall development projects;
• Solid grasp of API testing and familiar with XML, JSON, HTML, SQL, SOAP, REST, web standards, testing Windows and web applications/services;
• Experience with SQL and databases (e.g., MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, MongoDB)
• Knowledge of tools such as Jira, HP Quality Center, Selenium, Karate, SoapUI, JMeter, Jenkins;
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or Business Administration, or equivalent level of experience
• Experience in utilities domain;
• Knowledge of Adobe Experience Manager;
• Experience with application and system profiling and monitoring tools (e.g., MS Performance Monitor, New Relic, and Nagios)
- Quality Assurance/QA Strategy
- Load Runner
- Functional Testing
- Jira management software
- MS SQL Server
- Test Case / Script Development
- User Acceptance Testing
- Adobe CQ (Adobe Experienc Mgr)
- Adobe CQ (Adobe Experienc Mgr)
What you can expect from us:
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change-supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.