Job Title: Software Implementation Specialist/Technical Business Analyst
Location: Vancouver or Remote, Canada
Division: Trimble Forestry
Trimble Forestry is the leading provider of business solutions for timber management and wood product companies. We help companies take advantage of current technology to achieve operational efficiencies so they can make better-informed business decisions. Our systems can manage one small aspect, or the entire forestry cycle from silviculture, harvesting, procuring, hauling, consuming, inventory, or selling logs and/or wood byproducts.
With the launch of our ConnectedForest solutions, we are growing rapidly. To help with our growth, we are seeking an experienced Software Implementation Specialist/Technical Business Analyst to join our team. You will play a key role in delivering our solutions in an efficient manner for our customers. The ideal candidate will enjoy working with customers, enjoy the teamwork environment, and be motivated to self-start initiatives and contribute to the product vision for the company by providing valuable feedback.
Your primary responsibilities will be to:
- Develop detailed functional and business requirements specifications
- Liaise between business units, end-users, technology teams, and support teams
- Collaborate with developers and subject matter experts to establish the technical vision and analyze trade-offs between usability and performance needs
- Assist with resolution of technical issues for our clients via email and telephone
- Maintain and expand documentation on all systems configurations, processes, and procedures
- Some report and code writing responsibilities are expected in this position
In order to succeed in this role you will need to:
- Have very clear written, visual, oral expression of ideas with business and technical people
- Have an outstanding track record of customer service
- Demonstrate knowledge and experience of systems development methodologies, system analysis concepts, techniques, and tools
- Able to conduct online and face-to-face solution configuration and training services for customers
- Knowledge in Transact-SQL stored procedures, table schemas, and views
- Competency in ER diagram modeling using tools including ER/win, Visio or others
- Travel occasionally across Canada and the US
- Knowledge of databases and development tools (such as Visual Studio or Delphi) a plus
- Professional fluency in French
Information to Review:
The following links are recommended in order to better your understanding of Trimble, and the products available within this particular division.
- Trimble Forestry
Videos to Review:
- Trimble: Innovation at its Best
- Trimble: A History of Outstanding Innovations
Trimble is an exciting, entrepreneurial company, with a history of exceptional growth coupled with a disciplined and strategic focus on being the best. While GPS is at our core, we have grown beyond this technology to embrace other sophisticated positioning technologies and, in doing so; we are changing the way the world works. Our solutions are used in over 140 countries and we have incredibly diverse lines of business.
Our employees represent this diversity and can be found in over 30 countries, working closely with their colleagues around the world. Due to our geographic, product and customer reach, there is plenty of room at Trimble for exceptional people to grow. Come position yourself with an innovative industry leader and position yourself for success.