To get the best candidate experience, please consider applying for a maximum of 3 roles within 12 months to ensure you are not duplicating efforts.
Products and Technology
As the market-leading choice for modern business intelligence, the Tableau platform is known for taking any kind of data from almost any system and turning it into actionable insights with speed and ease. Customers are adopting Tableau faster and more broadly than ever before, and we are committed to helping them build adata-driven cultureno matter where they are in their analytics journey.The Pipeline One team at Tableau is looking for an experienced and passionate Software Engineering Manager to lead a team of engineers researching, designing and developing the software services and tooling used to build, validate, and release Tableau products across a variety of environments and platforms. Whether it’s a single developer change or an entire major release about to ship, the team’s mission is to provide a clear signal of quality, as quickly and efficiently as possible. While constantly innovating and driving for improvements, the team must also ensure the smooth operation of existing systems, balancing resources dynamically between these two priorities.
Some of the things you will be doing include…
- Leading a team of skilled engineers to deliver on the technical vision to modernize and scale Tableau’s CI and delivery systems.
- Making tough decisions, balancing the competing needs and priorities of multiple stakeholders.
- Collaborating with members of your team and others, bringing together the best ideas and pushing back on the others.
- Driving a high bar for quality by providing critical feedback and guidance.
- Managing and aligning resources to ensure the team is producing the best possible value.
- Supporting the growth and development of the engineers on your team.
- Optimizing team efficiency by applying and adapting agile practices.
Who you are…
- An Experienced Leader:You have extensive software development and management experience, and you have a track record of delivering quality software solutions. You are experienced with Agile development methods, modern DevOps practices and practices of operational excellence for supporting live services.
- Organized:You can balance a plethora of competing priorities, making sure the team is focus on solving the right problems at the right time.
- A Purveyor of High Standards:You are not satisfied by the status quo and inspire your team to continuously improve the code quality, systems and engineering practices. You ensure your team regularly delivers value-add pragmatic solutions that drive towards a long-term architectural strategy.
- A Coach:Deep experience as a coach and mentor providing strategic leadership to the team and partnership across the organization.
- A Role Model: Demonstrated excellence in communication, collaboration, learning, and empathy leading to committed, impactful, and aligned teams.
- Educated:Hold at least a bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent.
- A Recruiter:Tableau hires company builders and, in this role, you will be asked to be on the constant lookout for the best talent to bring on board to help us continue to build one of the best companies in the world!
Accommodations – If you require assistance due to a disability applying for open positions please submit a request via this Accommodations Request Form.
At Salesforce we believe that the business of business is to improve the state of our world. Each of us has a responsibility to drive Equality in our communities and workplaces. We are committed to creating a workforce that reflects society through inclusive programs and initiatives such as equal pay, employee resource groups, inclusive benefits, and more. Learn more about Equality at Salesforce and explore our benefits.
Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org are Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employers. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org do not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Salesforce.com and Salesforce.org will not pay any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Salesfore.com or Salesforce.org.
Salesforce welcomes all.