Requisition ID: 269526
Work Area: Software-Design and Development
Expected Travel: 0 – 10%
Career Status: Professional
Employment Type: Regular Full Time
SAP started in 1972 as a team of five colleagues with a desire to do something new. Together, they changed enterprise software and reinvented how business was done. Today, as a market leader in enterprise application software, we remain true to our roots. That’s why we engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality and spread opportunity for our employees and customers across borders and cultures.
SAP values the entrepreneurial spirit, fostering creativity and building lasting relationships with our employees. We know that a diverse and inclusive workforce keeps us competitive and provides opportunities for all. We believe that together we can transform industries, grow economics, lift up societies and sustain our environment. Because it’s the best-run businesses that make the world run better and improve people’s lives.
Software Engineering Manager – Industry Cloud
Now more than ever before businesses around the world need to accelerate the transformation of core processes in a flexible way. To support this, our new business unit SAP S/4HANA Consumer Industries Cloud will focus on building new cloud products for customers in the Consumer Product, Retail, Wholesale, and Life Science industries.
Taking a start-up approach, SAP S/4HANA Consumer Industries Cloud will be an incubator for new cloud applications, bringing together product strategy and management will all the necessary cloud business functions such as architecture, engineering, and operations. Development in this unit will focus on cloud-native applications and has a strategic growth plan from now to 2025.
This role reports to the CTO & Head of Engineering. As a Software Engineering Manager, you are expected to wear multiple hats while leveraging your prior cloud-native functional expertise to drive and mentor a team day to day to reach their delivery and learning goals.
- You will manage up to three agile teams that will architect, develop, test, and deploy cloud-native services.
- You will manage and execute against delivery commitments and demand the adoption of automation, quality, and continuous delivery wherever you see the opportunity.
- On a day-to-day basis, you will help manage the activities of the team within a fanatically agile scrum environment and provide functional or process support and mentorship as needed.
- Manage team with respect to hiring, professional development, and meeting team objectives.
- Must be hands-on and able to demonstrate technical ability.
- Expert knowledge demonstrated by previous engineering or research roles.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with Lean & Agile software development and release processes.
- Proven ability to scale cloud-native engineering teams and grow leaders within the company.
- Knowledge of common product management, cloud unit economics, and sales practices a plus.
- Knowledge of open source cloud native technologies, tools, and frameworks a plus.
WHAT YOU GET FROM US
Success is what you make it. At SAP, we help you make it your own. A career at SAP can open many doors for you. If you’re searching for a company that’s dedicated to your ideas and individual growth, recognizes you for your unique contributions, fills you with a strong sense of purpose, and provides a fun, flexible and inclusive work environment – apply now.
SAP’S DIVERSITY COMMITMENT
To harness the power of innovation, SAP invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company.
SAP is committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and to providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are in need of accommodation or special assistance to navigate our website or to complete your application, please send an e-mail with your request to Recruiting Operations Team (Americas:[email protected]@sap.com, APJ:[email protected], EMEA:[email protected]).
Successful candidates might be required to undergo a background verification with an external vendor.
Job Segment: Cloud, Developer, Engineer, Software Engineer, ERP, Technology, Engineering