Yelp is looking for remote security engineers to keep us safe and sane as we build out our desktop, mobile, business owner, and administrative websites. Additionally, Yelp’s future growth in the transactions space has many security implications, both in traditional application security as well as in privacy controls and fraud and risk analysis.
Does having a tremendous impact and broad scope of protecting Yelp’s data, employees, and our millions of users excite you? As a Software Engineer in Security, you will be responsible for partnering with different engineering teams at Yelp to help build features, tools, and libraries to enable security by default. You’ll also work to identify and fix vulnerabilities in the products we build, as well as work with external security researchers through our public bug bounty program.
We’d love to have you apply, even if you don’t feel you meet every single requirement in this posting. At Yelp, we’re looking for great people, not just those who simply check off all the boxes.
This opportunity is fully remote and does not require you to be located in any particular region. We welcome applicants from throughout Canada.
Where You Come In:
- Develop and deploy authentication and security related components of Yelp’s website and mobile apps.
- Create and maintain libraries used across multiple Yelp apps for secure communication and data storage.
- Partner with mobile, frontend, and backend teams to architect and develop features in a secure, and scalable manner.
- Validate and remediate vulnerabilities reported in our bug bounty.
What it Takes to Succeed:
- While previous application security experience is a plus, we are looking for strong software generalists first, with an interest in application security.
- Understanding of HTML5, current, and emerging browser security models.
- 3-5 years of software engineering experience.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering.
- Practical knowledge of AWS and SoA.
- Deep understanding of securing iOS and Android applications.
- Security research or pen testing experience.
At Yelp, we believe that diversity is an expression of all the unique characteristics that make us human: race, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, and education – and those are just a few. We recognize that diverse backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our teams and our product. The foundation of our diversity efforts are closely tied to our core values, which include “Playing Well With Others” and “Authenticity.”
We’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer and consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or family status, veteran status, medical condition or disability.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with disabilities in our job application process. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected] or 415-969-8488.
Note: Yelp does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to any recruiting alias or employee. Yelp is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.