Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is the only purpose-built Security Automation & Orchestration platform, and the first to provide an open community for sharing Playbooks and Apps. It makes security smarter, faster, and stronger.
As the Software Engineer, you will be instrumental in delivering top quality Splunk’s security products. You will be responsible for the design, implementation and quality of services you deliver. You will drive process improvement and collaborate optimally with fast paced cross-functional teams to tackle problems and implement new solutions.
- Achieve a deep knowledge of our product architecture, design and implement new features.
- Strong dedication to best practices in software development, including modern CI, optimizing task/build execution times, making engineering process efficient.
- Drive root cause analysis investigations and post mortems for defects and regressions.
- Work with different Engineering and Product Management groups to influence the product requirement, tackle hard problems and achieve the best quality
- 3+ years of relevant proven experience.
- Proficiency in Python programming, RESTful web services.
- Experience with CI/CD and project management tools (e.g., Gitlab, Github, CI/CD pipelines, Jira, Confluence etc.).
- Go-getter, strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Good at multi-tasking, self-directed, high agility and flexibility.
- Good collaborative, documentation and presentation skills.
- BS/MS in Computer science, and/or related work experience.
- Knowledge of using Splunk or Splunk integration.
- Experience with SaaS product development (AWS/Azure/GCP).
- Experience with virtualisation and/or clustering systems.
- Experience with security infrastructure equipment or software, SIEM, SOAR, etc.
- Experience with Docker, container technologies.
- Experience working on open-source or development-in-the-open projects.
- Familiarity with security and networking concepts.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco or San Jose, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Thank you for your interest in Splunk!