Our engineering and product teams are organized around our hubs for community and collaboration. Work anywhere means you can work at home or the office on any given day. Your product hub is based on the primary location of your product. You should live within one timezone of your product hub. Our current product hubs are Pleasanton, Los Angeles, Columbus, Boston, NYC, Raleigh, and Toronto.
We are looking for data-centric Platform Engineers to develop highly scalable, high-performance big data analytics engines and ETL platforms.
Our teams are working on a new datastore that collects big data from multiple sources to provide customer benchmarks and industry insights to Veeva customers in order to help the industry become more efficient and effective.
What You’ll Do
- Design and develop a Java platform for a new scalable data analytics solution
- Work with Ops team to provision, scale, and tune solutions
- Integrate new technologies to support advanced analytic use cases
- Build new infrastructure following the best practices in cloud software development
- Collaborate with product managers and test organizations to deliver cutting-edge solutions and deliver value to our customers
- Strong in Java data management technologies
- Familiarity with Big Data technologies
- Experience with cloud-based service-oriented architecture and API development
- RDBMS data-centric experience
- BS in engineering/computer science or equivalent
Nice to Have
- AWS Services (S3, Redshift, AMI, Terraform)
- Experience with large scale big data pipeline – ETL / Kafka / Spark / MapReduce / Hadoop
- Experience with Python
- Experience working in an agile environment
- Experience with content management products and technologies
- Engineer Perspective: 3 Reasons to Consider Veeva
- Engineering at Veeva
Perks & Benefits
- Allocations for continuous learning & development
- Annual budget to donate to the non-profit of your choice
- Allocations for Health & Wellness
Veeva builds enterprise cloud technology that powers the biggest names in the pharmaceutical, biotech, consumer goods, chemical & cosmetics industries. Our customers make vaccines, life-saving medicines, and life-enhancing products that make a difference in everyday lives. Our technology has transformed these industries; enabling them to get critical products and services to market faster. Our core values, Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed, guide us as we make our customers more efficient and effective in everything they do.
Veeva’s headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.