About CDK Global, Inc
CDK Global (NASDAW:CDK) is a leading provider of integrated data and technology solutions to the automative, heavy truck, recreation and heavy equipment industries. Focused on enabling end-to-end, omnichannel retail commerce through open, agnostic technology, CDK Global provides solutions to dealers and orginal equipment manufacturers, serving nearly 15,000 retail locations in North America. CDK solutions connect people with technology by automating and integrating all parts of the dealership and buying process, including the acquisition, sales, financing, insuring, parts supply, repair and maintenace of vehicles. Vist cdkglobal.com.
The Software Engineer III is an experienced developer position that works primarily in design, coding, testing, and supporting software products and related materials to meet customer requirements in the Heavy Equipment industry. The Software Engineer III performs tasks using formal software development methodologies and specified R&D and/or departmental procedures.
- Design and implement software modules. Create design documents and module specifications from the direction of other software engineers, project leads, or supervisor. Create interfaces to or from other applications or databases.
- Code programs or modifications to existing programs or modules.
- Develop application test plans. This can include regression, integration, or full system test plans.
- Perform debugging, unit, and system level testing on programs.
- Coaching and mentoring other developers.
- Update and review object, module, program, and application documentation.
- Review and provide input to technical writers, training developers on application specific publications, on-line help implementation, and if appropriate, training class development.
- Develop and implement application test plans, including both integration and full system test plans for publications, software and training materials.
- Create program specifications to ensure proper direction during development.
- Participates in code reviews for other development projects.
Education & Experience:
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Math, or equivalent education/experience.
- 5+ years programming experience required.
- Training and experience with Agile software development.
- Analysis and design experience.
- Experience and training in formal testing methods helpful.
- Exposure to a breadth of programming languages with expert level proficiency in at least one language. Java, Spring and ReactJS are an asset.
- Troubleshoot technical problems and demonstrate problem solving and resourcefulness in obtaining information.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Work as a team member, with limited supervision.
- Demonstrated time management and completion of tasks to a definite deadline.
CDK Global knows you have passions outside of work. You have family, friends, sporting events, and lots of things going on. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits package to not only take care of you but your family as well. All of our benefits are effective the first day of employment including 401K matching, paid time off to re-energize, donate your time to volunteer in your community, and tuition reimbursement to name a few.
At CDK, we pride ourselves on having a diverse workforce. We value and celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and the different perspectives they provide. We offer equal opportunity employment regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, or protected veteran status.
Job Segment: Developer, Outside Sales, Computer Science, Testing, Supply, Technology, Sales, Operations