Are you interested in working for one of the most exciting and fast-growing teams in Microsoft? Then look at the Microsoft Defender Engineering team. You will be building cloud solutions in order to meet scales that few companies in the industry are required to support. Leveraging state of the art technologies, you will be instrumental in delivering holistic protection to a user base of tens of thousands of government organizations, enterprises, and SMB businesses around the globe. The Microsoft Defender team is responsible for delivering a constantly evolving set of services and solutions to meet the challenging landscape of our ever-evolving attackers.
This is a combined SWE/SRE (DevOps) team which provides leadership, direction, and accountability for cloud design, service architecture, engineering infrastructure, and data platform development. You will help conduct business reviews and operate our production services. Strong collaboration skills will be required to work closely with other engineering teams to ensure services and systems are highly stable, performant and meet the expectations of internal and external customers and users.
As a Software Engineer II you would be responsible for the architectural design and implementation of
- Large scale data platforms
- Cloud services infrastructure
- Engineering systems
- Data pipelines and microservices
in order to process and handle both consumer and enterprise level customer scenarios and data.
You will be responsible for working with various disciplines; Engineers, Researchers, Data Scientists; in order to address customers needs and create new scenarios and features that provide customer value.
- Significant development experience using common object-oriented or functional languages
- Strong understanding and experience with CI CD concepts and source control
- 3+ years of a mix of coding/testing/Integration experience
- Proven experience with building and supporting services, including logging, monitoring, alerting, and measuring reliability and availability.
- Ability to design and build proof of concepts
- Ability to manage multiple project phases at the same time
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to thrive with the ambiguity associated with working in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Exceptional Leadership skills: Sound problem resolution, judgment, negotiating and decision-making skills.
- Support a 24×7 live site support model for the services the team owns
Preferred Experiences and Technologies:
- Kubernetes, and the Kubernetes satellite technologies
- Spark, Data Lake or big data platform pipeline development (Ex. Azure Data Factory, Data Explorer/Kusto, Data Bricks, Spark)
- Azure DevOps and GitHub tooling
- Data mining or data science experiences utilizing Big Data and or relational database technologies.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Software Engineers, Program Managers, Security Researchers, and Data Scientists
- Development experience with cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check:This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
If you are highly motivated, self-starter who thrives in a bottoms-up, fast paced, highly technical environment you have a strong customer focus and understand the importance of Live Site Demonstrated ability to establish and manage relationships across organizational boundaries. Proven experience dealing with large scale data architecture, operational architecture and or network Architecture Proven experience creating distributed systems tools of moderate to high complexity.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.