We are the Security and Compliance (S+C) team; we are committed to defending Microsoft customers from cyber-attacks as well as providing sophisticated tooling for securing important data. S+C fosters an agile development environment, continuously gathering and analyzing data to combat evolving threats. Our mission is to help protect customers with truly innovative proactive protection, advise customers on emerging trends, and engage in valuable partnerships.
As the Engineering organization within S+C, it is our job to stay one step ahead of malicious adversaries and predict the threats of the future. We work with partners across Microsoft to innovate new approaches for detecting and tracking threats, attacker techniques, their tools and infrastructure. We build distributed systems and large scale cloud service working together as a team of Engineers, Program Managers, Data Scientists and Security Researchers.
Making our customers succeed with our solutions is what excites us every day! Our team has people from a wide variety of backgrounds, previous work histories, and life experiences, and we are eager to maintain and grow that diversity. Our diversity of backgrounds and experiences enables us to create innovate solutions for our customers, while having a blast working together on building those system. We are passionate about learning on the job. Our culture is collaborative and customer focused.
We are looking for a Software Engineer – II to help us design and build data pipelines, cloud services and online user interfaces to bring cutting edge cyber security solutions to our customers. We are responsible for helping enterprises manage and protect their devices against cyber threats. The data pipelines and services you build would need be able to process billions of signals/day and detect anomalous behaviors in the device event streams. You will be responsible for meeting current customer needs, as well as ensuring our ability to scale for their future needs. You will work in collaboration with other Engineers and Architects to continue to learn and build your skills on how to innovate the design approach for the said pipelines and services.
- 3+ years of experience as a software engineer working on industrial strength software and a proven track record of having shipped commercially successful software products & services
- 2+ years of experience in cloud development principles and patterns, particularly loosely coupled architectures and micro-services, dev-ops model
- BS, MS, or PhD degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering
Preferred Qualifications :
• Excellent communication skills and ability to collaborate in a multi-disciplinary team consisting of Software Engineers, Program Managers, Security researchers, and Data Scientists
• Experience building distributed services
• Deliver software into services using a Continuous Integration, Continuous Deployment methodology
• Expertise in C#, Java, C/C++ or equivalent programming language
• Experience in test automation tools
• Design REST based APIs that can be accessed securely from web and client applications
• Familiar with Secure Software Development Life Cycle
• Experience with software development tools such as source control systems (GIT), automated build systems, compilers, software validation systems, project tracking, and lifecycle management systems
• Development experience with cloud platforms such as Microsoft Azure, AWS.
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to, the following specialized security screenings:
• Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.