Storage and Memory I/O is a longstanding bottleneck for compute systems, and our group is focused on shattering it. As an advanced software engineering intern, you will be part of a small Research and Development team, that pathfinds next-gen technologies to accelerate key applications using Optane Solid-State Drives and Persistent Memory. This will require deep understanding, analysis and extension of the associated software stack on IA systems. Your pathfinding responsibilities will include design, development, debug, experimentation-with, and analysis of core improvements to the underlying technologies. You will partner with senior engineers in the Intel Optane Group as well with Intel Labs.
Responsibilities may be quite diverse of a technical nature. U.S. experience and education requirements will vary significantly depending on the unique needs of the job. Job assignments are usually for the summer or for short periods during breaks from school.
Required behavioral skills include:
• Results oriented.
• Problem solving skills.
• Written and verbal communication skills.
You must possess the minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Experience would be obtained through your educational level, research, and/or relevant job/internship experiences.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
Must be currently pursuing a Master’s or a PhD degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or related field.
Coursework or work experience in the following areas:
- 3+ years’ experience in C/C++ programming skills.
- 2+ years’ experience Computer architecture and operating systems fundamentals.
- High-performance low-level system software development, in an embedded or kernel multi-tasking environment. (1 or more courses / projects)
Additional Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge and interest in the storage domain, and application of NVM technologies (esp. SSDs and/or Disk-Caches).
- Strong ability to architect, design, develop, debug, experiment-with and analyze technologies at the hw/sw boundary (e.g., to be able to prototype and evaluate key technologies in firmware and/or OS driver domains).
Student / Intern
Shift 1 (Canada)
Virtual US and Canada
The Data Center Group (DCG) is at the heart of Intel’s transformation from a PC company to a company that runs the cloud and billions of smart, connected computing devices. The data center is the underpinning for every data-driven service, from artificial intelligence to 5G to high-performance computing, and DCG delivers the products and technologies-spanning software, processors, storage, I/O, and networking solutions-that fuel cloud, communications, enterprise, and government data centers around the world.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.
Position of Trust