With 194,000 employees and operating in more than 170 countries and regions, Huawei is a leading global creator and provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. Integrated solutions span across four key domains – telecom networks, IT, smart devices, and cloud services. Huawei is committed to bringing digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world.
About Huawei Canada
Huawei Canada focuses on fundamental research and development aimed at solving complex technical problems in emerging technologies like 5G, AI, Human Computer Interaction and Autonomous Driving. With ongoing research initiatives with 10 Universities across Canada and strategic collaboration agreements with several Universities, we support Canada’s rich research community. In 2020, Huawei Canada ranked among the Top 20 corporate R&D investors in the country with a huge 40% increase in R&D investment year over year. Huawei Canada was established in 2008 and now has a total workforce of 1,200 in our six research centers across Canada.
“Huawei will continue to be an important contributor to Canada’s knowledge-based economy,” “Openness and diversity are Canada’s great strengths. They help attract global talent and business. Huawei Canada’s R&D spending creates jobs, trains talents, supports fundamental research, and accelerates knowledge-to-impact in Canada. We are proud of all of that.”
Changtian Cai, President, Huawei Canada R&D.
Huawei Canada is looking for talented and enthusiastic individuals to join the Distributed Data Storage and Management Lab, based in Markham, Ontario. The Lab's mission is to lead and leverage distributed and AI technologies to create new Huawei products and services, plus improve the performance of existing products-from 5G network equipment to mobile phones, and from smart home appliances to cloud services.
To achieve these goals, we conduct research and development in a variety of areas including, but not limited to, Distributed Systems, Distributed Storage Systems, and Artificial Intelligence Platforms. This exciting position is a great opportunity to grow your skill set while solving real-world problems in a fast-paced, agile environment. Both senior and junior positions are available.
- Design, develop, and test software for large-scale distributed systems
- Build AI platform
- Analyze and optimize software system performance
- Participate in scrums and sprint planning
- Learn and adopt new technologies; research, survey, and present industry trends to the team
- Generate innovative ideas and new patent applications
- Future projects may extend to other large-scale distributed systems for other use cases
- Proficient programming in C++ (or C)
- Satisfy at least one of the following (all areas not needed):
1. Experience in distributed systems
2. Development or research experience with AI frameworks (such as TensorFlow, MXNet, PyTorch) or Machine Learning Algorithms
3. Good understanding of processor architecture and hardware accelerators (GPUs, NPUs, or FPGAs), and supporting frameworks/APIs (such as Cuda, OpenCL , Open MPI)
- Solid grasp of fundamental concepts related to system design, such as data structures, algorithms, and operating systems
- Experience in Linux or Unix development environment
- Experience with software development tools (IDE, git) and software development life cycle
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or another relevant discipline
- Extensive knowledge of deep learning, reinforcement learning and machine learning algorithms
- Academic publications
- Open source AI-related project contributor
- Master’s Degree or Ph.D in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or another relevant discipline
- Experience in other programming languages : Python, Java
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Current project of focus: https://www.mindspore.cn/en – https://github.com/mindspore-ai/mindspore