David Aplin Group, one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, has partnered with our client to recruit a Software Engineer – Distributed Database based in Markham, ON.
Our client is looking for talented software engineers to join the Distributed Data and Storage Lab, based in Markham, Ontario. Their mission is to leverage technologies on distributed systems to improve the performance of their products that include mobile phones, smart home appliances and cloud services.
Their product is one of the fastest-growing database management systems in an evolving market.
They are looking for talented and motivated individuals who can join us to tackle challenging problems and develop new technologies onto distributed database management system.
- Research and development of distributed, highly available share nothing transaction processing database management system focusing on algorithms for scale up and scale out
- Work with a team of architects and engineers to develop proof-of-concept systems and components across the data manager, buffer manager and transaction processing components.
- Investigate and design new data structures and algorithms focusing on lockless and NUMA aware approaches on the latest and state of the art hardware technology
- Continuous enhancements on the AI-native distributed database system to fulfill customer requirements utilizing AI techniques for self-tuning under differing workload conditions
- Mentor junior colleagues on algorithm design, data structure and software engineering aspects. Focusing on high-performance scalable code
- Work with QA and continuous integration teams to drive a quality overall solution through a combination of automated unit tests, functional testing and system testing of the solution
The Ideal Candidate:
- Bachelor, Master or PhD major in computer science or related area
- Proficient with C and C++ programming
- Solid understanding of fundamental concepts related to system design, such as data structures, algorithms, and operating systems.
- Excellent documentation, organization and communication skills
- Must be highly collaborative, self-motivated and possess a strong drive/ ability to learn & grow
- 3-5years’ experience with design and development of a distributed database, or storage system, or file system, or cache system
- Experience with Microsoft SQL Azure/Aws RDS Aurora/Oracle RAC/IBM Db2 pureScale
- Experience working within open source community
If you are interested in this position and meet the above criteria, please click the Apply button to send your resume in confidence directly to Karie Pearce , Recruiter, Information Technology. Visit our website at www.aplin.com to view our job opportunities, career tips and tools. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
WE APPRECIATE YOUR INTEREST IN DAVID APLIN GROUP.
If this is your first introduction to us, we invite you to become one of our satisfied candidates. David Aplin Group has been Canadian owned since 1975. Our professional consultants are passionate about helping you find a fulfilling job or career and ensuring your complete satisfaction with our process. Our proven track record, nearly four decades long, is largely due to our team of highly skilled and successful specialists. Through superior service and a commitment to long-term relationships, we provide deep specialization in core areas for complete recruiting and HR solutions across Canada – all from one source. We look forward to exceeding your expectations!
Learn more about David Aplin Group and view all of our current job opportunities, career tips, and tools at www.aplin.com.