Rose Rocket is a market leader in Transportation Management Software. We’re a startup going after the $700+ billion dollar trucking industry, leading the shift to SaaS while revolutionizing the way trucking companies sell, service and innovate. We are a hyper-growth Y Combinator backed company with a “more human, less corporate” culture that is built around doing work that matters, winning as a team and celebrating success.
We’re a tight-knit group. Our regular team socials and values recognition efforts help with this, but the real secret is hiring people who care about their colleagues and are excited to build something big.
As we grow our business, we’re looking for an Software Engineer to help us tackle a range of exciting challenges in our Professional Services group.
In Professional Services, we do custom engineering and integrations to link Rose Rocket with our customers’ own software, as well as to automate workflows and business processes.
If you’re curious, and if you enjoy collaborative design sessions, pair programming, and heads-down development in equal measure, you should apply for this position.
Many of our customers have sophisticated IT systems of their own, and many have elaborate technical requirements for how they exchange data with their own customers.
As Integrations Software Engineer, you’ll be building applications that bring the power of Rose Rocket deep into our customers’ systems. You’ll help new customers bring their business into Rose Rocket. And you’ll play a key role in serving our enterprise accounts.
You’ll work with modern APIs as well as legacy systems from decades ago. You’ll be surprised and challenged in countless ways. You will rarely do the same thing twice.
Primary technologies you’ll be working with:
- NodeJS and Express
- AWS Simple Queue Service, DynamoDB, Elastic Beanstalk, Elastic Container Registry, S3
- REST, SOAP, and “unconventional” APIs
- SQL and NoSQL databases of many kinds
- Looker and other business intelligence tools
- EDI (X12)
- 2+ years’ software development experience
- Abundant curiosity
- Experience with the technologies listed above is a huge plus
- We have flexible vacation and summer hours because we know achieving your best work has a lot to do with true work-life balance.
- Love good eats? Our office is a 3-minute walk from the iconic St. Lawrence Market
- We’re a 10-minute walk from Union Station. Easy accessibility via TTC, GO, Gardiner Expressway or the Great Lakes Waterfront Trail (for the avid cyclist out there)
- Our company events and field trips meet a wide variety of interests. Think: oyster shucking, sports teams, trivia nights, painting parties, gaming, trips to Toronto Island, gardening, bocce ball, karaoke, and pretty much anything else you can imagine or would like to suggest!
- Work from home Wednesday
- Awards for milestones and general awesomeness
- Extended Healthcare Plan (Medical & Dental)
- Stock option plan
- Work with truly world-class peers and be part of a fast growing startup!
Equal Employment Opportunity
Rose Rocket is an equal opportunity workplace. We do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, colour, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity and/or expression.
We are dedicated to growing a diverse team of highly talented individuals and creating an inclusive environment where everyone feels empowered to bring their authentic selves to work.
If you are contacted for an interview and require accommodation during the interviewing process, please let us know.