The Cloud Foundations team at Instacart owns all of the foundational infrastructure that other Engineering teams use to run their services, including our public cloud providers, our edge and ingress systems, secrets management, and observability, along with IAM and our Infrastructure as Code model. We also provide the tooling for ongoing economic analysis and optimization of our cloud spend. Instacart is a cloud-native company so this team’s work is at the heart of everything we do.
We are looking for experienced infrastructure engineers who want to solve problems with software and build the best possible foundation for Instacart’s critical services!
ABOUT THE JOB
- Participate in an on-call rotation to support critical Instacart services
- Support and extend our public cloud infrastructure and build tooling to help other teams around Engineering more easily consume and manage their public cloud resources
- Support and extend our processes and tooling for Infrastructure as Code
- Manage our security and permissions models as they apply to public cloud resources
- Support and extend our observability stack that provides Engineering teams with the visibility they need to manager their services successfully
- You have 5+ years of experience in an Infrastructure or SRE role in a production operations context on a public cloud foundation
- You have experience solving infrastructure problems with software
- You have experience in a cloud-native environment using Infrastructure as Code
- You’ve built and run systems for high availability and resilience
- You have strong technical knowledge of public cloud infrastructure in general (and AWS in specific), distributed systems, and reliability practices