We are looking for an individual who is excited about joining a team focused on making a wide impact by way of platform engineering. Our team is passionate about driving foundational services that are integral for the success across the entire organization. We’re looking for someone to help us envision and build those core services that underpin all Thomson Reuters’ products.
This role is in the Shared Capabilities organization and is part of the team responsible for building core services and governance in the API space. Every product team depends on us, and we’re changing the way Thomson Reuters builds and operates software.
As an integral member of the team, you must thrive in having a heart to learn and naturally be a collaborative & transparent team member .
About the Role
As a Software Engineer, you will:
Design and deliver:
- Able to deal with obscurity and drive, design, and implement large-scale software solutions.
- When and where appropriate, be “hands-on” in terms of implementing POCs and solutions
- Ongoing participation in a Scrum team and an embrace of the agile work model
- Participation in all aspects of the development lifecycle: Ideation, Design, Build, Test, and Operate. We embrace a DevOps culture (“you build it, you run it”); while we have dedicated 24×7 level-1 support engineers, you may be called on to assist with level-2 support
Be curious and innovative:
- Keep up-to-date with emerging cloud technology trends
You are a fit for the role of Software Engineer, if you have:
- Bachelor’s degree in related technology program preferred.
- Have experience using API Gateways and Content Delivery Networks
- Minimum of 1 year software engineering experience with recent cloud experience, including most of the following:
- Experience with either NodeJS, Python, or .NET Core
- Experience with building, deploying, and operating REST APIs
- Building cloud-native applications and services on AWS or Azure
- Automation for CI/CD (CloudFormation, GitOps)
What’s in it For You
At Thomson Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Learning & Development:
- Exposure to a wide breadth of leading-edge technology
- Career growth – the ability to work on multiple projects and/or with various teams
- Professional growth and development opportunity through various training programs, conferences, networking events, in-house speaker series etc.
- Access to Hackathons, Unconferences, Harvard Manage Mentor and more, we offer learning opportunities for everyone
- Health benefits
- Savings/investment plans
- Paid time off (including time off to volunteer and extended parental leave)
- Flexibility: We’ve been named as one of Forbes, Best Companies for Work/Life Balance
- Global Opportunities: We have employees in over 90 countries, working across three different industries
- Your well-being: We offer a program that focuses on making our lives healthier
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com .