Juniper Networks, Inc.
Software Engineer 4 – Embedded Software
About the Position:
This is such an exciting time to be involved in the IT industry. Digital transformation is everywhere, with technologies such as Multi-Cloud, Automation, IoT, AI/ML and 5G driving the next waves of innovation. Juniper Networks is at the heart of this transformation with its industry leading technologies that are ever more software defined, helping to solve the most complex issues in connectivity.
Juniper Networks is looking for a software engineer to work on its next generation Enterprise switching portfolio to incorporate active service performance monitoring capabilities from onset in cloud environment on its most successful platforms including MX, ACX and PTX product lines.
In this position, you will have the opportunity to work alongside with our multi-site Junos and multi-service cloud engineering team members to share and learn best engineering practices, as well as actively contribute to build product from the ground up.
As a Software Engineer, you will be an integral part of the Junos Software Engineering team with the responsibilities including:
- Play an important role in the implementation of the software systems as a member of the embedded software development team
- Bring together best-in-breed proprietary and third-party technologies to achieve product goals
- Assist with troubleshooting and root cause analysis of problems found, both in-process and escalations from the field
- Demonstrate exemplary behavior in following proper engineering processes to manage risks and systematically achieve high product quality
- BS or MS in CS, EE or equivalent
- 2+ years direct experience working on Linux kernel and Client/Server Network (IP/TCP/UDP) Programming using Socket
- Must be proficient in: Python, C/C++ programming in multi-threaded environment
- Hands on experience developing software, debugging, and deploying application on Linux operating systems.
- Good verbal & written communication skills and demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and organization.
Experience with one or more in the following area is a plus:
- Working knowledge of Performance Measurement standards such as Y.1731, Y.1564, RFC 2544, TWAMP is a plus
- Programming using Netconf API and XML is a plus
- Understanding and/or Cloud Programming knowledge with Dockers and Containers is a plus
- Programming knowledge with inter-process communication and distributed systems is a plus
- Experienced working on highly scalable system addressing CPU Performance and Bandwidth Utilization
- Tool chain for cross-compilation between different platforms and CPU architectures
- Building and converting images for different cloud environments
- Relocation is not available for this position
- No Travel requirements for the position