Are you looking to be a part of a team that uses artificial intelligence (AI) to solve real-world customer problems? Thomson Reuters Labs in Toronto is seeking a Software Engineer with a passion for solving problems with code – using technologies like Java, Python, Cloud Computing, Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing (NLP).
What does Thomson Reuters Labs do? We support the organization and our customers through applied research and development to solve their most difficult problems. We work collaboratively across our legal, tax, and news business segments to identify state-of-the-art opportunities and then realize those opportunities in production-ready components.
As a Software Engineer, you will be part of a diverse and interdisciplinary global team of experts in software development and AI research. For over twenty years , we have consistently delivered high growth product features that delight our customers and advance the state of the art.
About the Role
In this opportunity as a Software Engineer, you will:
- Develop and Deliver: Applying modern software development practices, you will be involved in designing and developing high-quality solutions. You will write code and tests, run scripts and experiments, capture and document results.
- Be a Team Player: Working in a collaborative team-oriented environment, you will share information, value diverse ideas, partner with cross-functional and remote teams.
- Be an Agile Person: With a strong sense of urgency and a desire to work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, you will deliver solutions against strict timelines.
- Be Innovative: You are empowered to try new approaches and learn new technologies. You will contribute innovative ideas, create solutions, and be accountable for end-to-end deliveries.
- Be an Effective Communicator: Through dynamic engagement and communication with cross-functional partners and team members, you will effectively articulate ideas and collaborate on technical developments.
You’re a fit for the role of Software Engineer if you:
- Can “think in code” and are proficient in Java and/or Python software development stacks and ecosystems
- Are familiar with object-oriented design and development
- Have experience with or want to learn cloud applications (AWS or Azure)
- Have experience working in an agile environment
- Are curious, comfortable with rapid change and always learning new things
- Have a desire to positively impact the world around them and someone who isn’t afraid to dive right in, is comfortable working at a fast pace, embraces change, and can creatively pivot when needed
- Have a desire to work with Machine Learning and NLP
- BS degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science or related field with 2+ years of professional software development experience
What’s in it For You
At Thomson Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Learning & Development: On-the-job coaching & learning, tuition reimbursement, exposure to cutting-edge technology
- Our scientists and engineers explore big data sets to discover new capabilities and insights. Thomson Reuters is most well-known for the globally respected Reuters News agency, but our company is also the leading source of information for legal, corporate and tax professionals. We have over 60,000 TBs worth of legal, regulatory, news, and tax data.
- Benefits: Flexible work arrangements, comprehensive health coverage that’s effective day one
- Perks: Social events & activities, employee discount programs through corporate perks
Want to hear from our Technologists on how it is like #WorkingatTR? Check it out- Video 1 , Video 2
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com .