Is your passion for platform engineering? That is, envisioning and building the core services that underpin all Thomson Reuters’ products? Then we want you on our team! This role is in the Shared Capabilities organization where we build the foundational services that power Thomson Reuters’ products. This team is responsible for Service Mesh – compute infrastructure running on Kubernetes and Istio.
APIs delivered via a microservices architecture and secured with identity is the cloud-native future we’re heading towards , using forward-thinking infrastructure like Kubernetes & Istio and Lambda/Functions. Every product team depends on us and we’re changing the way Thomson Reuters builds and operates software.
As a platform engineer, you must naturally be a collaborative & transparent technical team member . You’ll be working primarily with:
- AWS and Azure public cloud , especially Kubernetes (AWS EKS and Azure AKS)
- Service Mesh technology like Istio and/or AWS App Mesh
- Terraform , Datadog, PagerDuty
- Python, Go, Java and/or .Netcore
- Establish software engineering best practices; provide tooling that makes compliance frictionless
- E mphasis on test and deployment automation
- Collaborate with development managers, architects, scrum masters, software engineers, DevOps engineers, product managers and project managers to deliver phenomenal software
- Ongoing participation in a Scrum team, and an embrace of the agile work model
- Participation in all aspects of the development lifecycle: Ideation, Design, Build, Test and Operate . We embrace a DevOps culture (“you build it, you run it”); while we have dedicated 24×7 level-1 support engineers, you may be called on to assist with level-2 support.
- Extreme collaboration with all product teams; transparency is a must!
- Keep up-to-date with emerging cloud technology trends especially in containerized microservices architectures
- Bachelor’s degree in related technology program preferred.
- 1 year software engineering experience with some or all of the following :
- Hands-on experience with Kubernetes. Bonus points for Istio and/or App Mesh
- Building cloud native infrastructure, applications and services on GCP , Azure or AWS
- Developing REST APIs using Java or .Net , with an emphasis on security (bonus points for OAuth2, OIDC , SAML or SCIM experience)
- Automation for CI/CD (CloudFormation, Terraform , GitOps …)
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com .