Red Hat Software
Help the Red Hat Developer Platform become the developer platform of choice. The Red Hat Developer Platform team is looking for a Software Engineer to join us in Toronto, Canada. In this role, you will work with cross-functional teams from across the company to help deliver the ultimate developer experience. You’ll become part of the core Red Hat Developer Platform team and play an active part in the open source community for the project. As a Software Engineer, you will also collaborate with developers from other Red Hat projects and open source communities.
Primary job responsibilities
- Contribute to the development and operations of a cloud native developer experience based on Red Hat OpenShift and other Red Hat’s solutions
- Operate, monitor and maintain a live, customer-facing cloud product based on Red Hat OpenShift and other Red Hat solutions
- Work closely with developer tools upstream projects, engineering teams, and other stakeholders to create and maintain high-quality features and capabilities for Red Hat’s solutions
- Work in an international, distributed team in an agile environment on critical software solutions and deliver those solutions on time and on budget
- Participate in the constant evaluation and improvement of the process used by the team
- Participate in the community by writing blogs, participating in forums, and speaking at user groups and conferences
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree in computer science or a related field
- 3+ years of software development or systems operations experience, especially in cloud related projects
- Experience with operating Kubernetes or OpenShift-based cloud services or other similar services
- Experience with defining and using API’s in a microservices infrastructure
- Working experience with Go; other languages are a plus
- Solid problem-solving and analytical skills and experience to apply software design, implementation, testing, and debugging techniques
- Willing to do occasional travel worldwide
- Experience with Red Hat OpenShift is a plus
- Familiarity with open source development, projects, and processes is a plus
- Experience working with a distributed team is a plus
About Red Hat
Red Hat is the world’s leading provider of enterprise open source software solutions, using a community-powered approach to deliver reliable and high-performing Linux, hybrid cloud, container, and Kubernetes technologies. Red Hat helps customers integrate new and existing IT applications, develop cloud-native applications, standardize on our industry-leading operating system, and automate, secure, and manage complex environments. Award-winning support, training, and consulting services make Red Hat a trusted adviser to the Fortune 500. As a strategic partner to cloud providers, system integrators, application vendors, customers, and open source communities, Red Hat can help organizations prepare for the digital future.
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, veteran status, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.