Huawei Technologies Canada Co., Ltd.
Huawei is a leading global provider of information and communications technology (ICT) infrastructure and smart devices. With integrated solutions across four key domains – telecom networks, IT, smart devices, and cloud services – we are committed to bringing digital to every person, home and organization for a fully connected, intelligent world.
At Huawei, innovation focuses on customer needs. We invest heavily in basic research, concentrating on technological breakthroughs that drive the world forward. We have more than 180,000 employees, and we operate in more than 170 countries and regions. Founded in 1987, Huawei is a private company fully owned by its employees.
About Huawei Canada
Huawei Canada helps connect Canadians to world-leading high-speed wireless Internet – and supplies them with cutting-edge smart devices. In partnership with Canadian telecommunications providers, we work to bring the benefits of a reliable and secure digital experience to every person, home and organization, including those in rural and remote areas of the country. Huawei first came to Canada in 2008. Today, the company employs more than 1,100 Canadians in research and development, IT, sales and other fields. Huawei Canada is an active supporter of many charitable and community initiatives from coast to coast.
- Develop production ready software with cutting-edge security features.
- Design and implement tools to test the quality and performance of new security features.
- Support research projects by implementing prototypes based on informal designs.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject.
- 5+ years of experience building C++ applications.
- Basic knowledge of data security
- Excellent knowledge of data structures and algorithms.
- Experience with object-oriented design (OOD) and design patterns.
- Experience with concurrency and writing multithreaded applications.
- Experience writing automation tools in scripting languages (e.g., Bash, Python, etc.).
- Experience developing and debugging software in a Linux environment.
- Demonstrates an ability to work both independently and in a team when solving problems.
- Demonstrates an aptitude to work on a variety of problems that span multiple disciplines.
Qualifications Considered an Asset
If you possess any of the below skills/experience, we would consider these to be very strong additional assets.
- Hands-on experience on data security related projects
- Experience with software architecture
- Experience writing OS level software (e.g., Linux kernel modules).
- Experience analyzing performance with profiling tools (e.g., Valgrind).
- Experience with cryptographic libraries (e.g., OpenSSL).
- Experience with Android application development (e.g. using Kotlin or Java)
- Experience with iOS application development (e.g. using Swift).