Join the Winning Team at ATS Automation, a great place to automate your future! Take your place among the best in the business, and grow your career with the Global Service division at ATS Automation. Join an environment where a passion for innovation is combined with an uncompromised commitment to quality.
We attract some of the most talented and motivated individuals from a range of fields, with our global offering and growth opportunities as we expand on a global scale.
The Software Development Team Lead will be part of an agile development team, building and working on enterprise grade software systems on top of the Microsoft .NET development stack. The Software Development Team Lead will provide technical and team leadership through coaching and mentorship.
Reporting to the Manager of Software Engineering, the duties and responsibilities of the Software Development Team Lead include:
Single point of contact for his/her team both to delegate work requests and to escalate issues
General supervision, training, and guidance of all designers that are part of his/her team
Responsible for team performance in respect to meeting departmental and project-based milestone and KPIs
Accountability for Delivery, Quality, Productivity, Cost, Safety and Idea Completion for their team
Roll out company and departmental objectives to team members
Evaluate team member performance and complete regular reviews
Conduct 1:1 with team members on regular basis to continuously develop and coach them
Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain web-based business applications built on legacy technologies.
Assist in the collection and documentation of user’s requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
Work closely with the QA team to design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
Design and architect software solutions by working closely with internal/external customers on deriving the requirements.
Engage with customers and other ATS divisions to lead projects to successful completion.
Package and support deployment of releases.
Work with teammates in the migration of legacy applications to current technologies.
Develop, refine, and tune integrations between applications.
Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and other affected parties.
Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
Provide third-level support to business users.
Research and evaluate a variety of software tools and technologies.
Program and integrate assignments involve leading-edge software and hardware technologies including interfacing with PLCs, PCs, robotics, motion controllers, vision systems, laser, and other automation controllers.
Desired Skills and Experience – Core Competency Requirements:
• 8+ years of experience in software development with progressive leadership skills
• Proficient with Microsoft .NET development using C#
• In depth knowledge and experience with core Microsoft technologies including: Azure, IoT Hub, SQL Server, ASP.NET MVC
• Extensive experience designing and developing enterprise grade software
• Experience with source control management systems and continuous integration/deployment environments
• Experience with automated testing
• Experience with agile development methodologies including Kanban and Scrum
• Experience with multi-threading and concurrency
• Experience with debugging, performance profiling and optimization
• Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented and service-oriented application development techniques and theories
• Internally motivated, able to work proficiently both independently and in a team environment
• Strong communication skills with both internal team members and external business stakeholders
• Strong initiative to find ways to improve solutions, systems, and processes
• Experience with IoT Technologies including OPC UA, AMQP, MQTT, Node-RED
• Experience with database development including relational database design and SQL and technologies
• Experience with user interface design, prototyping and whitespace development
Why Join ATS?
- Be a part of a global organization that is a leader in its industry
- Subsidized breakfast and lunch daily; free gourmet beverages – coffee, tea and hot chocolate. Plus, Treat Day is every other week!
- Monthly “In-Chair Massage” clinic on-site with a Registered Massage Therapist
- Ability to participate in a variety of charitable events
- Social Club that offers BBQs and other social events throughout the year
- Work with other bright, talented people and discover opportunities for professional growth
- And much more!
ATS is in compliance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disability Act (AODA), 2005 and will, upon request, assist those who may require specific accommodations due to a personal disability. We would ask that those who require assistance to notify our offices as soon as possible if accommodation is necessary.