Student (Fixed Term)
As students of BlackBerry, you will play an important role in the success of our business. BlackBerry provides you the opportunity to be amazing! We offer a dynamic work environment where you are encouraged to achieve your highest potential. Each of our opportunities offers meaningful, hands-on experience working alongside industry experts.
As a member of the Global Technology Services team, the successful student will have the opportunity to work on a web-based C# MVC application that is used by the entire company and handles over 60,000 requests per year. You will work closely with a full-time developer and another student to help automate processes using this powerful framework that has integrations to over 15 business-critical systems at BlackBerry such as Active Directory, JIRA and SalesForce. In addition to automating processes, you will get a chance to make enhancements or bug fixes for existing processes, build or maintain integrations with other system and extend our framework to support new business requirements. You will get a chance to work directly with our internal customers to clarify requirements and to help test each iteration of your forms until their needs are met.
We are looking for students with initiative, creative problem-solving skills, excellent communication skills and a desire and willingness to learn new things. Previous students in the role have made significant contributions to the team and to BlackBerry. Join our team and make a difference while you get a chance to learn new technologies and improve your skills.
Location: Waterloo, ON
Length of Term: 8Months
- Create or maintain web-based forms to automate business processes
- Build or enhance libraries and services used to retrieve or update information in various systems at BlackBerry
- Develop new behaviors for use within our forms
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Currently enrolled in a post-secondary program in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related field of study
- Previous experience with C# / ASP.NET
- Familiarity with MVC frameworks
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Experience with modern user-interface design (CSS, jQuery, etc.) and frameworks (Bootstrap, AngularJS, etc.)
Job Family Group Name:
Business Administration & Operations
Scheduled Weekly Hours: