A Technology Manager – Global Content Services (GCS) leads the development of cloud capabilities in a matrixed team environment and works across several technology groups. Management objectives include technical and staff, including 3rd party leadership.
About the Team
We develop and deliver cloud technology solutions for preparing, improving and publishing the content that is the foundation of Thomson Reuters online and print products. We are a fun, high-energy, motivated organization seeking people with exceptional technical credentials to design and develop new editorial tools with cutting-edge technologies.
About the Role
In this opportunity as a Development manager, you will:
Be a technical leader:
- Provide AWS technical management for the successful execution of assigned technology portfolio projects and squads.
- Manage short-term and long-term cloud solution options, with risk assessments and recommendations to business and technology leadership.
- Coordinate with Data Engineering leadership to promote best practices aligned with TR Unified Content (TRUC) strategy.
Be a People Leader:
- Manage a geographically dispersed team of engineers with varied skills and experience level
- Coach and mentor current and future leaders within the group, be responsible for identifying individual training needs proactively, conduct performance reviews and maintain a healthy team culture
- Lead and manage the day-to-day activities of your team including supporting career development (objective setting, performance management, etc.)
- Present and communicate technical processes to all levels of the organization
- Account for the quality and timeliness of work.
- Maintain and grow applications according to business and technology priorities
- Be responsible for the planning, implementation, and growth of the AWS cloud infrastructure.
- Coordinate, release and manage the configuration of all production systems
- Work alongside architecture and engineering teams to design and implement scalable cloud services.
- Ensure necessary system security by using best in class cloud security solutions
Focus on quality, continuous improvement, and technical standards:
- Implement continuous integration/continuous delivery pipelines.
- Provide process and architecture improvement recommendations.
- Creates trust and credibility with stakeholders/user community and works with them to identify issues and risks.
- Creates an environment and a culture that encourages immediate response to problems and sets expectations and timeframe for
You’re a fit for the role of Development Manager, Cloud Development if you have:
- Experience using software engineering tools and methodologies, including design, development, testing, etc.
- Experience leading and building web environments on AWS, which includes working with services like EC2, RDS, and S3.
- Experience building and optimizing cloud-native applications.
- Experience using DevOps tools in a cloud environment, such as Docker, GitHub, CodeBuild, CodeDeploy, and Sonar Qube.
- AWS Lambda – serverless architecture.
- Understanding of Python, Angular, Java.
- Microservice architecture development experience.
- Good communication skills, analytical skills, collaborative problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to work across global locations
Other Experience and Education:
- Bachelor’s Degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, MIS, Business Administration or similar area of study with 8 years of software development experience is required
- AWS certification preferred.
- Experience developing Office365 applications and integrating with Azure services highly desirable.
- Experience with multiple software development tools/framework.
What’s in it For You?
At Thomson Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Learning & Development:
- On-the-job coaching & learning, tuition reimbursement, exposure to leading-edge technology
- Career growth – ability to work on multiple projects and/or with various teams
- Access to Hackathons, Unconferences, Harvard Manage Mentor and more, we offer learning opportunities for everyone
- Benefits:Flexible work arrangements, comprehensive health coverage that’s effective day one
- Perks:Social events & activities, employee discount programs through corporate perks
- Flexibility: We’ve been named as one of Forbes, Best Companies for Work/Life Balance
- Global Opportunities: We have employees in over 90 countries, working across 3 different industries
- Your wellbeing: We offer a program that focuses on making our lives healthier
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.