Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing a highly available, durable, and secure infrastructure platform in the cloud, powering hundreds of thousands of businesses around the world. The AWS Messaging team owns and operates Amazon SNS (Simple Notification Service), Amazon SQS (Simple Queue Service), and Amazon MQ. Our services provide AWS customers with the cloud messaging infrastructure needed for building highly scalable, asynchronous, and fault-tolerant applications.
We’re looking for an SDM with an owner mindset, bias for action, and ability to dive deep and deliver results. You will lead a team of world-class engineers, be an operational champion, and deliver features to customers around the globe. You will drive our development process, and be a key influencer in our product roadmap.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical field.
• 8+ years of experience in all aspects of software engineering, including coding, architecture, infrastructure, and networking.
• 4+ years of experience in people management.
• Strong technical thinking and demonstrated ability to lead software and coding in at least one object-oriented programming language such as Java, C#, or C++.
• Experience building complex software that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Experience taking complex projects from initial concept through final launch.
• Demonstrated ownership of software engineering roadmap and experience with managing the day-to-day activities of a team using agile processes, such as Kanban or Scrum.
• Exceptional customer relationship skills, including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, and recommend alternative technical and business approaches.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
• Knowledge of security protocols and network security best practices.
• Experience driving continuous quality improvement initiative.