In 2004, Teradici set out to create the best virtual desktop and workstation experience in the world, and along the way we’ve enabled the most demanding use cases with requirements like top secret security, complex IT infrastructures, and intensive graphics performance. Our PCoIP technology fundamentally simplifies how computing is provisioned, managed and used.
With over 15 million endpoints deployed around the globe, we’re no startup. Top government agencies, media conglomerates, production studios, financial firms, and design houses trust Teradici to support their need for secure, high-performance virtual desktops and workstations delivered from private data centers, public clouds, or any combination of both.
This Software Development Manager and Product Owner role requires providing leadership and management direction to your team of software developers and being responsible for supporting your team’s career development. As the Agile Product Owner of a new Teradici product, you will fill a role that is both strategic and tactical, defining short, mid and long-term product direction.
- As Agile Product Owner:
- Interface with key stakeholders (i.e. product management, customer support) to define, develop, shape and refine requirements of software products.
- Be responsible for the security of the software product.
- Manage the product backlog and refine its contents on an ongoing basis.
- Collaborate with the Scrum Master to run successful Release Planning and Sprint Planning sessions, as well as Sprint Reviews and Retrospectives.
- Collaboratively define product features and releases with a cross-functional development team.
- Add new features (user stories) to your product backlog and refine existing stories ‘just-in-time’.
- Thoroughly and accurately represent the business and our customers.
- Vet new ideas or features against company strategy and goals.
- Communicate effectively, sharing plans, successes and failures with product stakeholders.
- As Software Development Manager:
- Lead employees using a performance management and development process, includes goal setting, feedback, and performance development planning.
- Monitor individual employees’ performance; conduct performance management and salary reviews for direct reports.
- Help developers resolve both technical and people resources issues.
- Provide leadership and guidance to coach, motivate and lead team members to their optimum performance levels and career development.
- Work with HR to resource and recruit software developers for future growth.
- Ensure coordination and communication with other functional groups.
- Minimum of 5 years of management/leadership experience in a software development organization required
- Bachelors or Masters in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering or equivalent
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment
- Ability to communicate customer needs and collaborate with a larger group to find innovative solutions
- Critical to have planning facilitation at all levels; from product strategy/vision to development iteration and daily execution.
- Product Owners must be team-oriented, focused and comfortable using both quantitative and qualitative data as a gauge for prioritization.
- Desire to work in an exciting environment and deliver new technologies and products to the marketplace
- A record of successful delivery of software applications as an individual, team leader and/or development manager
- Strong leadership, project management skills, time management and problem solving skills
- Detail-oriented leader who can quantify and communicate the importance of features or products in terms of value to your team members and the company at large
- Please advise in your application whether you are eligible to work in Canada.
- Secure products. You understand the importance of a secure SDLC and that this is not an afterthought once all the features are developed.
- Automate everything. You actively encourage team members to automate as many manual tasks as possible so that these tasks can be repeated many times and allow us as a company to scale.
- Building self-managed teams. You as a product owner provide direction on what the team needs to build though you do not tell them how to do it.
- Customer collaboration. You want to get the software into customers hands as soon as possible so that they can verify what you are building actually meets their business needs.
- Tech-debt reduction. You are willing to listen to your team and prioritize tech-debt reduction. Software can live longer that you expect; therefore, you need to ensure it stays healthy.
- Collective ownership. You value contribution, wherever it comes from, and believe in peer review, continuous integration, test coverage and customer validation.
- We offer a competitive base salary, Employee Bonus Plan (company performance based) and stock option grants. Our health benefits and retirement savings contributions start right away – no waiting period! We also offer three weeks of vacation for the first year (accrued and increased annually, up to 20 days per year)
- We develop and nurture our employees to be their best and bring their authentic selves to every team interaction. We strive for a dynamic team environment that is transparent and allows everyone to contribute and be heard.
- The health and safety of our employees is our top priority. As a result of COVID-19, we have implemented a Work From Home initiative for all employees and we encourage our teams to stay connected virtually during this time.
- Once our office is open again, we are excited to offer:
- Monthly social events & activities
- Luxury shuttle service to and from the nearest SkyTrain station
- Underground and secured bike ‘cage’
- Fully equipped onsite gym, Basketball, ‘Beach’ Volleyball court and weekly yoga classes
- Teradici supports remote work flexibility using our own Cloud Access Software!