YOUR CHANCE TO BE PART OF PRIME!
If you want to work on one of Amazon.com’s most impactful program and are passionate about building software which impacts millions of people every day, then the Amazon Prime Team wants to hear from you.
The Prime team seeks talented engineering leaders who take great pride in both the technical and business contribution of their work. You will be given the chance to have a significant impact on our systems, our business and most importantly, our customers.
We are looking for an experienced team leader who is known for delivering results. We expect you to work with other engineering teams and product leaders in Amazon to build a charter for your team, hire and grow your team, own feature planning, and help run operations for the overall services you own. You will drive priorities for the overall roadmap, balancing between investment to the underlying tech platform, changes to Amazon-customer facing components and the operational health of your services.
YOU AT PRIME
In Prime, you will have the opportunity to work with several teams across Amazon, working through interesting business cases coupled with solving for technical challenges, all at massive scale with hundreds of thousands of transactions per second. You will get to work on cutting edge technologies both in established systems as well as in a relatively greenfield space and get to define the product architecture and vision, especially around how to build new and extensible product experiences at scale for Prime members worldwide. You will get to experiment with various models and integrations and make a data driven decision on what works best for our customers. You will also get to work on integrating machine learning in these scenarios and will lead the effort to get to a no-human-touch model for customer optimized messaging. You will enhance message-targeting efficiency through implementation of multivariate testing, semantic analysis, data mining, and machine learning. You will design flexible, responsive architectures that allow self-service simplicity for our partner teams.
GET READY TO DO SOMETHING BIG!
Over 150 million paid members in 17 countries around the world enjoy the many benefits of Prime, including the best of shopping and entertainment from Amazon. In the U.S. that includes unlimited access to award-winning movies and TV episodes with Prime Video; unlimited access to Prime Music, Prime Reading, Amazon Photos, Twitch Prime; early access to select Lightning Deals, one free pre-released book a month with Amazon First Reads, and more.
WHAT WE DO:
We create products and distributed systems that serve Prime member at scale (over 150 million members) across the world. We build and own set of distributed services, systems (cohesive services working together) and Prime members experiences. These systems, services, and experiences uses AWS technology, Machine learning, Data analysis and some exciting engineering that goes behind the scene. In some cases, we help other non-prime teams to use our software (w/ software as service).
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience
• Experience of hiring and developing software engineers with a passion to develop great people
• Experience of software development including design and implementation
• Technical leadership experience, with direct software engineering experience strongly preferred.
• Proficiency in at least one modern programming language such as Java, C++, C#, or Python
• Experience large scale distributed system design and development experience
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Attention to detail, organization, problem solving and multitasking skills
• Technical aptitude and demonstrated ability to work in a cross-functional environment
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Create and execute appropriate project tasks and processes for development activities in concert with business and project management efforts.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Review appropriate quality plans, test strategies and interact with QA for testing activities.
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability.
• Experience building highly available systems and operating 24×7 services
• MS in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field, or equivalent experience
• Proactive attitude and willingness to dig deep to achieve goals
• Self-motivated individual who can set and meet simultaneous short- and long-term goals
• Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and timelines by exercising keen judgment
• Thinks strategically, but stays on top of tactical execution and is results oriented