Amazon Advertising operates at the intersection of eCommerce and advertising, offering a rich array of digital display advertising solutions with the goal of helping our customers find and discover anything they want to buy. We help advertisers reach Amazon customers on Amazon.com, across our other owned and operated sites, on other high quality sites across the web, and on millions of Kindles, tablets, and mobile devices. We start with the customer and work backwards in everything we do, including advertising. If you’re interested in joining a rapidly growing team working to build a unique, world-class advertising group with a relentless focus on the customer, you’ve come to the right place.
Our team enables the most advanced advertisers to scale through the application of cutting-edge technology and creativity. On this team you will have owner-level impact in shaping the future and the satisfaction of seeing your solutions making a big difference for our customers. We provide efficient bulk management of advertising campaigns in addition to building out new, real-time technologies for access to reporting and analytics data. These are highly-visible initiatives with a lot of space for intelligent architecture and green-field development.
• Earn trust across different levels and multiple groups of a large organization
• Work with technology and digital media
• Exceptional ability to analyze and interpret large amounts of data in order to make recommendations for improvement
• Strong oral and written communication skills, as well as ability to think clearly, analyze quantitatively, solve problems, scope technical requirements and prioritize project work
• Sound business judgment, proven ability to influence others, and strong analytical thinking skills
• Ability to think strategically and act tactically
• The ability to work on a diverse team
Impact and Career Growth:
• Have an opportunity to lead and grow a team of engineers
• Opportunity to grow and broaden your leadership and technical skills as you work in an environment that thrives on creativity, experimentation, and product innovation
• Change the way customers use data to drive business success
• Have fun and inspire team members to enjoy work, be effective and stretch their imagination
• Ability to get a lot done in a startup environment with a mix of ambiguity and opportunity
Be part of a team of industry-leading experts that are building and operating novel solutions for the most advanced brands and advertisers working with Amazon. The solutions that we build will set new standards for quality and efficiency in advertising. We are re-thinking the way that companies can scale their businesses with Amazon.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Proven experience in project management of complex deliverables with limited resources
• Experience in hiring and developing engineering talent
• Experience with full-stack application development
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Excellent interpersonal communication and strong verbal and written English skills
• Experience with Agile software development, for example Scrum or Kanban
• Experience in advertising technology
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Familiarity with big data technologies
Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise Human Resources if you require accommodation.