Digital Health Technology team powers digital experiences and engagement to enhance the lives of millions of people every day through connected care. We build, deliver and manage a portfolio of data management platforms and mobile offerings in support of our core businesses. We thrive on simple and elegant architecture and agility. You’ll be immersed in a dynamic high-growth environment and empowered to excel, take informed risks, and drive ingenuity across the enterprise.
Let’s talk about the team and you:
As a Manager, Software Development you will be a part of a highly dynamic and innovative development team working on the latest technologies in the exciting fast-growing Digital Health space. We’re a team of thinkers and innovators who constantly challenge ourselves to do everything better than the day before so that people around the world can breathe easier.
The team is responsible for a few EHR (Electronic Health Record) integration solutions that increase the productivity of healthcare professionals and allows them to better track their patients’ therapy. The latest solution is written with C# (.Net Core) and implements a cloud-native, microservices architecture that is deployed on a PaaS system (Tanzu). In our next exciting phase of this project, we’re looking to deploy the solution directly on AWS ECS and leverage the native AWS services in this effort.
The new manager will get familiar with the technology and the product, and be able to contribute to the on-going development of the solution. They will be a leader on the team, supporting the growth and development of the engineers that report to them, getting to know them and building trust, and providing day-to-day operational leadership of the team.
Let’s talk about responsibilities:
- Team leadership and mentorship for a team of software engineers including career and development planning, coaching, and performance management.
- Design, develop, implement, and deploy web applications, back-end services, and enterprise solutions using various development technologies and platforms.
- Provide incident management, change management, application support, monitoring, and Tier 2 support as part of the full cycle team responsibilities.
- Work closely with technical architects, functional analysts, and product managers to translate requirements into technical solutions.
- Responsible for guarding, promoting, and establishing best practices within the team.
- Perform code reviews and provide constructive feedback.
- Maintain technical skills and awareness of technical improvements.
- Assist with project estimation, planning, progress and bug tracking.
- Communicates clearly and timely when their work hits roadblocks or risks that need to be managed.
- Maybe part of an on-call support rotation.
- Other tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
Let’s talk qualifications and experience:
- You take ownership of issues, work to find solutions, and collaborate well with team members and cross-functional groups.
- Interface with other project stakeholders to ensure that the system objectives are balanced with overall project objectives
- Provide product design leadership for the project team, including ongoing review of design and implementation
- Assist management in the development of design policies and procedures which improve the ability to meet product system requirements
- Understanding of challenges associated with high availability, 24×7 applications, and services.
- Experience with GIT, test-driven development (TDD), CI/CD tools, Confluence, and JIRA is an asset.
- Experience working in Python, .NET, Java or equivalent, and experience targeting multiple platforms (Windows, Linux) and application types (console, web site, REST API).
- Experience with Amazon ECS, AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS Lambda, Amazon EC2, and services such as Dynamo DB and S3 is an asset.
- Experience working with and managing container development, deployment and operations on AWS, specifically with ECS on Fargate.
- Experience migrating databases and applications to AWS, leveraging tools such as Beanstalk.
- Experience developing serverless applications, leveraging managed services such as Lambda, Dynamo DB and S3.
- Experience with various message-brokering architectures (pub/sub-queues, request/response) and data streaming.
- Experience working with relational databases such as SQL Server, Oracle or MySQL.
- University Degree or College Diploma in Computer Science or Computer Programming or equivalent experience.
- 8+ years’ experience in design and development of multi-tiered business applications;equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
Let’s talk about what you can expect:
- A supportive environment that focuses on people development and best practices
- Opportunity to design, influence and be innovative
- Work with global teams and share new ideas
- Be supported both inside and outside of the work environment
- The opportunity to build something meaningful and seeing a direct impact on people’s lives
Joining us is more than saying “yes” to making the world a healthier place. It’s discovering a career that’s challenging, supportive and inspiring. Where a culture driven by excellence helps you not only meet your goals, but also create new ones. We focus on creating a diverse and inclusive culture, encouraging individual expression in the workplace and thrive on the innovative ideas this generates. If this sounds like the workplace for you, apply now!