Amazon’s Advertising Analytics and Insights (A&I) team is looking for a motivated and experienced Software Development Manager to own and lead an engineering team within our organization. We are a startup within one of the fastest growing and most strategic parts of Amazon. Analytics & Insights owns the product, technology and deployment road map for advanced analytics and insights products across our advertiser success team. Advertiser success is core to Amazon’s growth, as it helps our suppliers drive awareness, consideration, and purchase of their products by hundreds of millions of consumers around the world, and generates revenue which helps us lower prices and invest in improvements to our customer experience. We are a highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving team with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
In this role, you will lead an A&I engineering team in Toronto. You will manage the day-to-day work of software engineers, coach individuals, and act as single-threaded owner of the insight products that your team builds. You will own technical vision and direction, identify and mitigate risks, construct project schedules, communicate plans and progress, and embrace quantitative performance measures. You’ll build and maintain strong relationships between engineering and partner disciplines (Product, User Experience, QA) to ensure that we’re delivering the right product for customers.
You are a customer-obsessed technical leader with sharp business acumen and a track record of building and growing engineering teams. You ship software and own the day-to-day maintenance and evolution of systems that serve the needs of our large and growing base of advertisers. We are looking for a leader who can thrive in a startup environment, thinks big, can move fast, and wants to change the way customers use data to drive business success. If you are passionate about creating the future, come join us as we work hard, have fun, and make history.
• 7+ years of relevant engineering experience
• 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
• Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field
• Demonstrated ability to hire and develop engineering talent
• Experience with management of complex deliverables with limited resources
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control, build processes, testing, and operations
• Excellent interpersonal communication and strong verbal and written English skills
• Graduate-level degree in computer science or related technical field
• User-level understanding of ElasticSearch, SQL, and other data technologies
• Experience with Agile software development practices
• Experience in collaborating with or managing data science teams
• Working knowledge of statistical analysis and/or machine learning
• Experience in advertising technology