As the leader in modern marketing, Eloqua is now the centerpiece of the Oracle Marketing Cloud . Our innovative marketing automation solutions help modern marketers target the right buyers, easily execute campaigns, get the best leads to sales and deliver the highest return on their marketing investment.
The Eloqua Group
We’re a collection of agile teams, mainly Toronto based, that feel and think like a startup, but with the benefits of being backed by one of the world’s leading technology companies. We are proud of our accomplishments that have defined us as the founders and leader in our space. We design, build, test and ship powerful software, using the tools and techniques that are right for the job. We care passionately about our customers, celebrate their success, and stop at nothing to deliver the products and solutions that are going to make them rock stars in their roles.
Our environment is casual, flexible, fun and hardworking, encouraging individuals – and teams – to step up to explore new ideas that drive change. We want you to bring forward your unique perspective and thrive.
Whether you’re engaged in a creative whiteboard session, cranking out code for the next feature, beefing up our automation suite or enjoying a game and drink at the end of a productive day, the Eloqua team will provide you with the challenges and opportunities to take your career to a higher level.
- 10+ years software development experience, at least partially enterprise level, cloud-based, and/or SaaS
- Demonstrated ability as a Tech Lead with strong command of .Net, SQL Server and T-SQL.
- Thorough understanding and experience managing teams using the Agile software development model
- Good understanding of all aspects of development including build and deploy
- Demonstrated leadership, communication, analytical, and people management skills
- Experience interviewing and hiring software developers a plus
- Experience managing a distributed team is helpful
- BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area
- Lead a fullstack development team that delivers on product roadmap.
- Use your knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software
- Collaborate with Architecture, Product Management, and other development teams in defining scope, applying resources, and estimating schedules
- Help provide project plans, tracking, and accountability to senior management
- Ensure properly scoped work is committed and then delivered and deployed on time
- Help the team manage urgent customer issues
- Work with team to ensure tools and processes in place to measure and deliver high quality
- Help manage team morale, addressing issues that come up as well as coordinating fun team activities
Detailed Description and Job Requirements
Manage a team that designs, develops, troubleshoots and debugs software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a manager of the software engineering division, you will apply your knowledge of software architecture to manage software development tasks associated with developing, debugging or designing software applications, operating systems and databases according to provided design specifications. Build enhancements within an existing software architecture and occasionally suggest improvements to the architecture.
Leads a specialized area which may have diverse functional elements. Frequently interacts with supervisors and/or functional peer group managers. May interact with senior management. Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Strong communication skills, analytical skills, thorough understanding of product development. BS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. Typically one year of software engineering or related experience.