eCommerce Financial Integration (eCFI), a division within Amazon’s eCommerce Services Organization (eCS) is leading innovation in business systems integration and defining the future of financial accounting at Amazon scale. Our systems are advancing one of the world’s most scalable, reliable, and secure e-commerce ecosystem and responsible for processing hundreds of billions of dollars in transactions, in multiple currencies and countries. We are at the center of Amazon’s key initiatives and fueling the growth of Amazon’s businesses worldwide by constantly raising the bar on the speed at which business teams can integrate with our systems.
As a Manager here, you will lead your team of high performing engineers to build, scale, monitor, and optimize systems within eCFI. You will interface with several teams including Retail Systems, Marketplace Systems, Digital Systems, Web services, Financial systems and operations. Our mission is to provide a world-class customer experience using scalable and robust software, so the challenges and opportunities span both the business and technical realms.
A successful candidate will be a hands-on manager with an established background in developing high volume and highly available services, strong technical ability, great communication skills, and a motivation to achieve results in a dynamic, fast paced environment.
Key Responsibilities of the role:
• Build a best-in-class engineering team that delivers excellent results through rapid iterations
• Design and develop state-of-the-art approaches to solving complex and ambiguous problems
• Cultivate engineering and operational excellence through metrics and continuous learning
• Develop long term strategy for your programs and translate it into roadmap and action plan
• Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management
• Mentor and grow superstar SDEs to take on increasingly higher responsibilities
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
• 5+ years experience planning, designing, developing and delivering consumer software
• 3+ years experience as a People Manager in a software development organization
• Hands-on experience with design and development of highly scalable web services and systems
• Knowledge of Unix/Linux, C++ or Java, OO, and Service Oriented Architecture
• Proven track record of delivering significant results
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, or equivalent
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Masters in Computer Science or related field
• Deep hands-on technical expertise
• Project Management experience with agile development methodology
• Ability to take raw product requirements and create software architectures and designs to bring them to life.
• Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to work successfully with teams across the organization, including Engineering, Program Management, Quality Assurance, and Senior Leadership
• Strong analytical and quantitative skills; ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and opinions