We are bringing Amazon’s trademarks (big ideas and customer obsession!) to recruiting at Amazon. Come help us hire the best, build great tools for our hiring managers and recruiters, and help candidates (people like you!) find their next amazing opportunity.
As a Software Development Engineer Level III you will be responsible for designing and delivering the next generation of technology to power hiring at Amazon. With a mix of legacy and greenfield projects you will be responsible for the technical excellence across teams and, together with other technical and business leaders, establish and drive the technical vision.
This position is right for you if you are passionate about solving the toughest software challenges on behalf of our customers and users. To be successful on this journey, you love having high standards for yourself and everyone you work with and always look for opportunities to make our services better. You are deeply customer focused: understand multiple customers’ challenges and you are constantly looking for ways to pursue them. You have excellent communication skills, and enjoy working in an exciting, creative, passionate and collaborative team environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
• 3+ years of programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 2+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
• 4+ years of professional software development experience
• Bachelor of Science in Computer Science (or equivalent)
• Deep understanding in designing, developing, and operating software at scale (object oriented design and service oriented architecture (SOA))
• Knowledge of Unix/Linux, and programming language like C++, Java or Ruby
• Able to meet customer expectations by meeting deadlines, prioritize engineering decisions, focus on details and enjoy autonomy an always changing and evolving environment
• Shown to meet deadlines, prioritize work, maintain attention to detail and work independently
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
• Enjoy presenting complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences
• Have fun to look after multiple priorities in an ever-changing environment
• Uncommon customer relationship skills including the ability to discover the true requirements underlying feature requests, recommend alternative technical and business approaches, and lead engineering efforts to meet daring time lines with optimal solutions