Amazon’s Transportation Optimization systems processes millions of requests per second to determine guaranteed delivery dates and determine optimal transportation path to deliver millions of packages to customers worldwide faster and cheaper. Our mission critical systems make optimal decisions impacting billions of dollars a year and set new standards for online shopping experience.
With rapid expansion into new geographies, innovations in supply chain, delivery models and customer experience, increasingly complex transportation network, ever expanding selection of products and growing number of shipments worldwide, we have an opportunity to build software that scales the business, leads the industry through innovation and delights millions of customers worldwide.
We are looking for an experienced Software Engineer to be a key contributor to our success and drive the strategic development of the Transportation Optimization services.
In this role, you will do the following
-Design and build highly visible features on the Amazon websites.
-Interact with business stakeholders and other technology teams while building innovating software solutions and laying the software foundation for supporting many new business initiatives for years to come.
-Work on a wide variety of technologies with strong group of engineers. -Build large scale systems in a fast paced environment that are efficient, highly performant and scalable.
Proficiency in an Object-oriented Design is a must. Experience in working in a Unix/Linux environment is highly desired. Experience with SQL, Perl and Ruby is a big plus.
If you are looking for an opportunity to solve deep technical problems that pushes the technological boundaries and build innovative solutions that impact millions of customers in a fast paced environment while working with smart, passionate software developers, this might be the role for you.
* 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
* Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
* 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Master’s degree and relevant work experience.
• Strong demonstrated skills implementing and deploying large scale machine learning applications and tools.
* By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If you are successful in passing through the initial application review and assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role based on these preferences.
* Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us