Advertising at Amazon is growing incredibly fast by providing efficient tools to drive sales for our vendors and sellers. These customers need tools that help them get the most from their advertising dollar in the least time. As a Software Development Engineer you will work alongside a team that will innovate and pioneer new campaign management features.
The Campaign Management team ensures Advertisers can easily use tools to launch their campaigns independently. We are looking for a pioneering and collaborative Software Engineer to work in our unique, product-focused “2-pizza team.” You will sit side-by-side with product owners, contributing to the new ideas that will become your projects. You will build applications and that provide the right help in the right place at the right time. If you are a Software Development Engineer who is interested in being close to the business problems, wants to broaden your leadership skills, and are passionate about delivering world class user experiences, we would love to talk to you.
Great candidates for this role have good communication skills and know how to work to a collaborative and win-win solution. They will enjoy understanding the technical details and delight in solving problems. Most important, they will work shoulder-to-shoulder with engineers, product leaders, and software development managers to deliver world-class software.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, related field or equivalent industry experience.
• Minimum of 3+ years’ industry experience as a software development engineer, web development engineer, front end engineer or similar
• Strong problem solving and analytical abilities
• Proficiency in at least one widely-used front end frameworks (e.g. react.js,Angular etc)
• Proficiency in at least one widely-used programming language (e.g. Java, C#, Python)
• Actively practicing professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life-cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for Amazon leaders:
• Exhibits excellent judgment.
• Has relentlessly high standards.
• Excellent tactical execution.
• Expects and requires innovation of her/his peers and team.
• Thinks big and has convictions.
• Results oriented.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices including unit testing, code reviews, source control management, build processes, continuous integration, and operations
• Architecture skills, knowledge of design patterns, and strong fundamentals
• You are the type of person that codes for fun, quickly wins the respect of peers, and jumps at the chance to share knowledge and mentor
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us