Name of employer: Amazon Canada Fulfillment Services, ULC
Address of Employer: 120 Bremner Boulevard, 26th Floor, Toronto, ON M5J 0A8
Overview and Responsibilities:
Drive the architecture and design of large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications, tools, systems and services using object-oriented design, distributed programming, Java and C/C++. Gather business and functional requirements from external and/or internal customers and end-users, and translate requirements into technical specifications to build robust, scalable, supportable solutions that work well between a range of complex systems. Serve as technical lead throughout the full development lifecycle, end-to-end, from scoping, planning, conception, design, implementation and testing, to documentation, delivery and maintenance. Provide design reviews for other engineers, including feedback on architecture and design issues, as well as integration, performance and scalability. Manage resources on multiple technical projects and ensure schedules, milestones, and priorities are compatible with technology and business goals.
Salary Range: $91,998.40/yr to 139,800/yr, commensurate with experience
Terms of employment: Full time, permanent
Benefits: Amazon provides a full range of benefits for our global employees and their eligible family members. Eligible employees may also receive signing bonuses and Amazon Restricted Stock Units. This position is eligible for further pay increases and bonuses at the company’s discretion. While they might vary from location to location, Amazon benefits for Canada may include:
• Health Care
• Savings Plans
• Income Protection
• Paid Time Off
• Signing Bonuses
• Employee Stock
• Bachelor’s degree or foreign equivalent in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Math, or a related field
• 1 year of experience in the job offered or in a related field
• At least 1 year of experience must involve providing technical leadership and project management for all aspects of the software development lifecycle,
• At least 1 year of experience designing and developing large-scale, multi-tiered, distributed software applications, tools, systems or services using Object Oriented Design, distributed programming
• At least 1 year of experience C, C#, C++, or Java.
Language required: English
All applicants must meet all basic qualifications above.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Amazon is committed to providing employment accommodation in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodations, please notify us when/if you are selected for an interview.