The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Identity team builds, operates, and innovates the identity, authentication, and authorization stack for the AWS cloud. We have a proven record of building large scale systems with very strict requirements for availability, reliability and latency, and are pushing boundaries on operational excellence. The AWS Identity team also owns Service Quotas, which enables AWS customers and internal partners to manage resource limits for AWS services. We are expanding our resource governance charter with traffic management capabilities. With these new features, external customers and internal partners are able to safely and predictably manage access flows to their services and continue to protect their advertised SLAs during traffic spikes. The traffic management team will build new services backed by strict SLAs and operational quality, build tools for customers and partners to manage their traffic, use data analysis and intelligence techniques to automatically handle traffic limits during and after traffic spikes.
We are seeking a software developer engineer to be part of our team to build solutions on a global scale, own their systems end to end, and influence the direction of technology used by all AWS customers around the world. In this role you can expect to design flexible and scalable solutions, deliver customer facing functionality. You will have the opportunity to lead mission critical projects, work with senior and principal engineers, and mentor junior level developers.
As an SDE on our team you will:
• Collaborate in the design, implementation, and deployment of systems and services.
• Define secure and scalable solutions for data collection, data processing, machine learning and customer facing APIs.
• Develop and incorporate machine learning and automated reasoning techniques into customer capabilities.
• Work and grow with talented teams delivering impactful projects.
• Functionally decompose complex problems into simple, straight-forward solutions while understanding system interdependencies and limitations.
• Share your knowledge of the most effective performance, scalability, architecture, and engineering patterns and methods.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
• Equivalent experience to a Bachelor’s degree based on 3 years of work experience for every 1 year of education
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
• Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
• Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
• Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.