Have you ever wanted to work on state of the art Big Data, Query and Serverless systems that will make a lasting impact on technology?
AWS Athena is looking for Software Dev Engineers who have the passion to tackle tough problems by bringing extensible, cutting edge query technologies to customers around the world. We are looking to reinvent what a Data Warehouse on the cloud can do.
Athena is a full ANSI SQL query engine that works with a variety of standard data formats, including CSV, JSON, ORC, Avro, and Parquet. Athena is ideal for quick, ad-hoc querying but it can also handle complex analysis, including large joins, window functions, and arrays.
Athena is highly available and executes queries using compute resources across multiple facilities and multiple devices in each facility. Athena uses Amazon S3 as its underlying data store, making your data highly available and durable.
Software Development Engineers at Amazon do so much more than just software development. We’ll be looking at you to help:
• Decide what features to build.
• Drive software engineering best practice.
• Design distributed and scalable systems.
• Test and document the software you develop.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 3+ years of experience in development of distributed/scalable systems, scalability and performance consideration, and high-volume transaction applications – database systems a huge plus!
• Experience with serverless, big data, ETL technologies at scale
• Experience taking projects from scoping requirements through V1 launch and V2 iterations.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices and best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience with SQL and No SQL data stores
• Proficiency with Presto, Cassandra, BigQuery, Keras, Apache Spark, Apache Impala, Apache Pig or Apache Kudu.
• Experience with open source technologies such as Apache Kafka, Apache Lucene Solr, or other relevant big data technologies.
• Experience in production-scale software development.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.