We are expending our Alexa for Business (A4B) development team in Vancouver, BC, and I am hiring Software Development Engineers. Come join me in inventing the future for Alexa for Business customers and be a part of the team that’s changing the way business users communicate with Alexa.
Alexa for Business is a service that enables organizations and employees to use Alexa to get more work done. With Alexa for Business, employees can use Alexa as their intelligent assistant to be more productive in meeting rooms, at their desks, and even with the Alexa devices they already have at home. We are looking to revolutionize the industry (offices, hotels, restaurants, sports stadiums, etc.) with this technology and would love for you to potentially be a part of it!
In this role, you will be part of a brand new team that is developing new services to bring the power of Alexa and for businesses. As a developer on our team, you’ll own code end-to-end from , to development, to deployment, to monitoring and operations. You’ll work in a highly collaborative team who has a desire to disrupt the industry to build large- systems as well as software that runs on end-user devices!
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
• Master’s Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field of studies
• Minimum of 5 years of industry software development experience
• Demonstrated proficiency with similar programming languages
• Experience building and operating a large system
• Proven success in solving complex technical challenges and building reliable customer facing systems
• Java development experience
• Web development experience including and .js
• Familiarity with services like EC2, S3, Dynamo DB, Lambda and Gateway.
• Mobile development experience for Android and iOS
• Strong desire to build, deliver results, take ownership, and drive projects
• Excellent written communication skills and verbal agility are strong assets