Calling all inventors! We are looking for high caliber Software Development Engineers to start a new advertising program with strategic significance and high exposure. In this initiative we will tackle some of the most exciting problems in ad tech, software architecture design, and building highly scalable services.
Performance Advertising’s vision is to enable advertisers of all sizes with self-service products to build their brand and business, delivering sophisticated automation for novices and powerful controls for expert users. We are focused on continuous exploration of contexts and creative formats where advertising delivers value to customers and advertisers. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class, highly performant advertising solutions.
As a software engineer in performance advertising, you will:
• Own the design and delivery of software services and website stacks that entail engaging creatives, cross-screen placements, targeting, optimization, relevancy and advertiser experiences.
• Build brand new distributed software applications using cloud services and amazon proprietary technologies to deliver these unique customer and advertiser experiences.
• Interface with teams across Amazon; discovery, retail category, traffic generation, vendor management and analytics among many others. This is a great opportunity to learn many facets of advertising and retail, and understand how they come together, equipping you with the skills to grow your career.
• Experiment, innovate and deliver in a fast, agile and reliable manner with high quality and low technical debt. You should be passionate about building, improving and championing the product and a strong sense of ownership is a must.
• Work with product managers, software development managers, software development engineers, and quality assurance engineers to raise the bar on product and technical quality.
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
• Normalized (relational) or denormalized (non-relational, typically key-value) data stores
• Experience building and supporting and high transactional load Internet scale web properties, distributed system design
• Strong sense of ownership, bias for action, urgency, and drive
• Passion for building new products in a fast paced, team-oriented environment
• Experience taking a lead role developing complex software systems that have successfully been delivered to customers
• Experience in communicating with users, and other technical teams to collect requirements, describe software product features and technical designs.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering & best practices for full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, continuous deployments, testing and operational excellence
• Demonstrated ability to mentor junior software engineers; and make them more effective product software engineers
• Experience using cloud based products such as Amazon Web Services (AWS)
• Experience with scripting in Python and/or Perl
• Working experience with Unix/Linux
Amazon is investing heavily in building a world class advertising business and we are responsible for defining and delivering a collection of self-service performance advertising products that drive discovery and sales. Our products are strategically important to our Retail and Marketplace businesses driving long term growth. We deliver billions of ad impressions and millions of clicks daily and are breaking fresh ground to create world-class products. We are highly motivated, collaborative and fun-loving with an entrepreneurial spirit and bias for action. With a broad mandate to experiment and innovate, we are growing at an unprecedented rate with a seemingly endless range of new opportunities.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.