Amazon’s Simple Storage Service (S3) provides a key-value-oriented interface to an infinitely scalable and durable storage system. We build and run the largest commercial storage system in the world. AWS S3 stores trillions of objects and regularly services millions of requests per second.
S3 Index team is looking for passionate, experienced software engineers to build the next generation of S3 Indexing system. As a member of the S3 Index team you will be tackling some of the hardest computer science problems. You will be building that can handle wildly varying access patterns initiated by our users.
Creating a reliable, scalable, and flexible web service requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale . You should be somebody who enjoys working on complex system software, is customer-centric, and feels strongly not only about building good software but about making that software achieve its goals in operational reality. Come join us and help solve a challenging set of problems in a space packed of opportunities.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
• 4 or more years of experience in software development
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/related field or equivalent work experience
• Experience with object oriented programming including , C++, , or C
• Master’s degree in Computer Engineering or related field
• Experience taking a leading role in building complex software that have been successfully delivered to customers
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with computing and enterprise-wide systems
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy
• Experience mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Hands-on expertise in many disparate technologies, typically ranging from front-end user interfaces through to and all points in between
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.