Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world leader in providing highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers tens of thousands of businesses around the world! We are on a mission in the AWS Events and Workflows organization to transform the way developers architect, build, and deploy large scale applications that are scalable and secure out of the box. Our goal is to make the experience plumbing-free and let developers focus their time on bringing new ideas to life and remove undifferentiated heavy lifting from their workflows. We are in the process of building a set of new capabilities in Amazon Vancouver which will help us achieve this mission for AWS customers across the world.
If you are excited about helping shape the developer experience of the future and define how millions of applications in the future will be created and are passionate about , user-experience, and working in an autonomous engineering culture, we would like to talk to you!
How do you know if you are a good fit for us? You are fascinated by and want to innovate in fault-tolerant that operate at scale. You love customers. When our customers ask for the next big feature, you know this means you’ll be able to truly dig into the solution and get it done right. You love owning the project from idea to production, delivering not only in the but in all phases from the kernel of an idea to quickly getting that battle-tested code into production. You enjoy collaborating with your teammates. You enjoy autonomy and strive to take on more accountabilities and master new skills.
• Bachelors or Masters Degree in Computer Science or related field
• 4+ years professional experience in software development
• Proficiency in or other OOP languages such as , , Ruby, C++ or even Erlang
• Experience in object-oriented , structures, , and problem solving
• Experience designing and building sophisticated fault-tolerant systems
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Sense of ownership, urgency and drive
• MS or PhD in Computer Science.
• 1+ years of experience developing for a or UNIX environment.
• Experience designing, developing, and deploying large-scale .
• Experience with mining software and techniques
• Experience leading and mentoring junior engineers on good software practices and reviews.