Join the entrepreneurial team that is responsible for growing and building new services that keep Alexa customers organized and productive in their daily lives. We believe that voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains; we are inventing the future.
You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting edge products that will be used every day by people you know. We’re looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate strong product ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
The ideal candidate is passionate about building great products and has a successful track record of delivering new features and products. A commitment to team work, hustle, and strong communication skills (to both business and technical partners) are absolute requirements. Creating reliable, scalable, and high performance products requires exceptional technical expertise, a sound understanding of the fundamentals of Computer Science, and practical experience building large-scale distributed systems. This person has thrived and succeeded in delivering high quality technology products/services in a hyper-growth environment where priorities shift fast.
• 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience 105
• Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, 106 C++, or C# including object-oriented design 101
• 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design 108 (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current 109 systems.
• Excellent Java server-side skills; ideally with fluent knowledge of key third party frameworks and libraries such as Spring, JAXB, Hibernate or Guava
• Experience developing cloud software services and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
• Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast paced environment.
• Previous experience with NLP (natural language processing) techniques is highly desirable.
• Experience of distributed and highly optimized data stores is highly desirable.
• Development experience defining, developing and maintaining web service API’s
• Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality
• Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
• Strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
By submitting your application here, you can apply once to be considered 114 for multiple Software Engineer openings across various Amazon teams. If 115 you are successful in passing through the initial application review and 116 assessment, you will be asked to submit your career and personal 117 preferences so that our dedicated recruiters can match you to the right role 118 based on these preferences.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an 120 equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, 121 national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected 122 veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For 123 individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, 124 please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us